TV SERIES, SHOWS, MOVIES, DOCUMENTARIES and more

Really enjoyed this series with Kenneth Branagh–terrific cinematography though very dark in content.

1 Like

loved loved loved the Wallander series!

about to watch a documentary " Worm Wood ." its about experimentations with LSD.
i’ll let you know how it goes. Has anyone out there seen or heard of it before??

1 Like

The show or LSD? :smile:

3 Likes

hahaha

1 Like

WORM WOOD

this show is a series, each episode is approx an hour long.

it is about a CIA test on members’ subjects done without their knowledge or consent. one of the subjects throws himself out of a NYC hotel window in the middle of the night during a period of post LSD use depression.

his family is suspicious and hires a lawyer to investigate the reasons and the circumstance. the CIA creates a cover-up and tries to dismiss the matter in a despicable and terribly amoral way.

each episode brings you deeper into the degree of the cover-up as well as the unveiling of what actually took place.

i am deff into it as is my husband and my mother. it lures you in. it is slow, but meticulous in detail, well written and documented. it is in part interviews with the son mixed with actors for the purpose of delinniating the flashbacks of the past; as well as home movie footage from before the fathers death.

i recommend this if you are into documentaries, can deal with slow build-ups/pace, and enjoy a good cover-up/uncover-up storie. its facinating, IMHO.

1 Like

okay folks, heres one that i dont think was mentioned yet, but deffinately has great appeal: “El Chappo” its a “docudrama” based on the mexican drug cartels. its not an authentic documentary, its reenacted. and, its in spanish with subtitals. its violent with some nudity, so its no PG rating, so keep your children away. but its fabulous and the new season has just started. its on Netflix and is totally binge-worthy. you’ll get into it immediately and not be able to pull yourself away.

so, if you like what i like, you will love this!!!

enjoy, DM

3 Likes

That’s like me!

1 Like

then you’ll love it :wink:

Since nobody’s mentioned it yet, i’m gonna throw out another binge worthy show : “Peaky Blinders.”

anyone here see it yet? the new season just started this week.

its set in Birmingham, England right after WWI; about a roma-crime family. costumes, hair styles superb. thick accents, so subtitles help. it stars Cillian Murphy and other fabulous actors. very well written and engaging. loads of fun for everyone (mostly grown-ups :wink: )

enjoy!!
DM

3 Likes

do you like war movies or thrillers?

just saw two new movies last night:

“anthroapoid” ( about czechs and nazis and Reinhard Heydrich during 1940 WW2) based upon the true story of nazi regime trying to domminate the world and those czechs trying to foil Heydrich’s plans.

“deepwater horizon” based on a true story about an oil explosion in texas

both were entertaining, but i found neither to be worth a second try. not that i wouldnt recommend them, b/c we are all so different in our tastes, but i only mildly enjoyed them.

just thought i would keep you all in the loop, as you can see i have way too much time on my hands. :wink:

3 Likes

and still, too much time on my hands:

David Letterman is doing a series of interviews on Netflix; his very first one was with Barack Obama. there are just two chairs on a stage. noting fancy, nothing to distract from the two’s conversation. Letterman explores different topics of interest. it is both light and humorous, and serious and facinating. they sit in front of an audience.

it was wonderful, and i highly recommend this to anyone!

and another series: this one Icelandic, is called CASE. also on Netflix. a police/crime drama which demands attention, b/c it pushes you along at rather a quick clip. and, if you dont speak Icelandic, the subtitles are helpful, but at times run too fast so it can be hard to keep up if you are a slow reader. but nevertheless a worthwhile piece of entertainment.

enjoy! :sunny:

2 Likes

“Wanted” on Netflix…

1 Like

what is “wanted” about? is it a series?

Just started watching this today! It’s really good!

It’s a series with two seasons.of six episodes each. It’s about two witnesses to a murder (wrong place, wrong time) that’s committed by dirty cops. The cops try to pin the crime on the witnesses, so the whole show is about them on the run. It takes place in Australia.

2 Likes

It’s pretty much about me and my best friend (except our lives aren’t quite so exciting). I’m the accountant of course.

3 Likes

“WANTED” on Netflix is awesome; i am watching it with my husband now. neither of us are accountants nor rock and roll hippy drunks, but its a real blast.

kind of a “Thelma and Louise” thing they’ve got going. :smile:

thanks for the suggetsion.

4 Likes

I started it last night too

2 Likes

“Episodes,” on Netflix.

It is a comedy series: two British writers, married, with a successful show in the UK, are invited to redo their show in the US (a la “The Office”). Of course, none of what they expect to happen happens.

Very funny so far! We started seeing it last weekend, during an evening hormone peak, and have watched 3 episodes so far.

1 Like

I just finished ‘Godless’ on Netflix. I don’t usually like Westerns, but I really enjoyed this one. It had a great cast. I would recommend it.

1 Like