Fun Share Thread: Something you may not know about me

This thread is for fun, random factoids about each of us to get people talking or laughing or admiring or just whatever. Anything, big or small, goes. It’s only fun if people participate. I’ll go first.

Something you may not know about me is that this was my first (diabetic) pregnancy announcement:

13 Likes

Love it! I didn’t know you were that kinda girl… they’re so much more we could have been talking about!

7 Likes

Here’s the picture from my first “merchant Mariner document card” which is like an ID card professional sailors used to have to carry (wife added the captions for Facebook)

Long time ago…

9 Likes

Yay, fun thread!!

I haven’t a clue ʷʰʸ i settled on this to share, but I am! After playing all day in a field hockey tournament my team tried to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. They denied us because we smelled so bad, but guess who welcomed us in! … and thus an annual tradition was born for our team :smile:

10 Likes

@Sam, with a hair situation like that…do you use conditioner on the whole thing, or do you wash the mutton chops with some special beard elixir?

7 Likes

@LarissaW, you got denied entry from BDubs??? Seriously?

Totally baller. Hat tip to you!

5 Likes

I mostly used lava soap from head to toe

5 Likes

Alli, the gun elevates you way above the 8.3.
:grinning:
It’s kind of a doubler. 16.6?!?!

Watch out for Sam. Guns are a weakness for the guy.

5 Likes

That is an awesome pic!
:star_struck:

I gotta find a cool one now…

4 Likes

I applied for the FBI as a field agent. They said the hardest thing was the physical fitness test. Lot of candidates got past all the other tests and then failed the physical fitness test.

Everything was easy. But once I passed all the tests…they said I was too old to be a field agent. But I could apply for a desk job.

Er…siting at a desk? No thanks! :roll_eyes:

With all the background checks they did on me, seems like they could have looked at my date-of-birth before running me through all the other tests!
:man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Yup! I couldn’t believe it either :joy:

3 Likes

I took the astronaut application test. Got everything wrong but the date.

7 Likes

Didn’t I ask you if you were in the FBI?! Maybe you are and you’re just messing with us

3 Likes

Quite possibly you did ask.

And quite possibly, if it was on a margarita night, I forgot!

3 Likes

Animals are my thing, personally and professionally. My life consists of cow poop, and horse and dog hair! We raise cattle, have horses, a Border collie, and I have a PhD in Ruminant Nutrition. I taught and did research for 39 years at 3 universities. Here’s me and my best pal enjoying time in the Beartooth-Absaroka Wilderness, about 12 miles down the road from our house.

He’s 27 and retired now like me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

That’s so cool, @Jan! Great picture!!

I had a short stint of exercising retired rodeo horses for free. I wasn’t very good at it, the horses knew they were in charge, but dang it was fun!

6 Likes

I have two weaknesses… guns and beautiful women… this thread is my kryptonite

6 Likes

Don’t create a thread on running and food.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Me (and a friend) back in the late 70’s/ early 80’s in the parking lot of a Grateful Dead show (before diagnosis)!

12 Likes