TV SERIES, SHOWS, MOVIES, DOCUMENTARIES and more

LOL, no! Arrogant surgeon, hands maimed in accident, seeks cure, discovers
a mystic secret order that protects the world!

1 Like

Pride and Prejudice: BBC adaptation 1995 with Colin Firth or 2005 film with Keira Knightly? Andā€¦has anyone seen the 1940 version with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier?

1 Like

i LOVED The Night Of. i wish it continued. i wanted to be able to binge on this one, but we had to wait for it week after week. so frustrating. i cant remember the name of the lead actor, not John Tuturro but the other one; he was fabulous and i saw him in a few other shows since; heā€™s played such range of characters that its almost been hard to recognize him. but his every performance was wonderful. nothing, though, as engaging as in The Night Of. that was very very well written. and, of course, John Tuturro was his excellent self as well.

to anyone who hasnt seen it yet: see it; its a must.

1 Like

This is amazing! Thanks! Iā€™ve just lost another few months of my life to television and I canā€™t wait!!! I love the Great British Baking Show because everyone is so kind on there. Love IT! Yay!

2 Likes

Making a Murderer : saw this with my husband. we both loved it despite our different tastes in television. but we do both like documentaries, and this was very well done. it kept us on the edge of our seats, waiting for the next event to happen. we rooted, we hated, we screamed at the televisionā€¦very engaging.

just started watching this an hour ago. am only on the first episode, but if we werent starving for dinner, we would not leave the sofa even if we had to pee :wink: loads of fun so far.

1 Like

1 Like

hahaha :star_struck:

(and i do need some good belly laughs after my day at the surgeon. thx for the chuckle)

2 Likes

Riz Ahmed. Heā€™s British, believe it or not, and well known as a rapper as well.

1 Like

wow; thats unexpected. iā€™ve seen him in a few other american movies and he had a spot on accent.

1 Like

have to add that i have watched 2 episodes of Sherlock w/ BC and am really enjoying it. recommending it to anyone who has not had the pleasure of seeing it yet.

2 Likes

Did you start from the beginning? I hope so!

yup. right from the very first. loved it all and looking fwd to seeing more asap

2 Likes

How strange: like everyone else, I watch TV to stay up at night when I have to stay up because of BG, but I thought I was the only oneā€¦

Some shows I have binge-watched at those moments, beyond what has been named already:

Mozart in the Jungle (fabulous show, fiction, about the NY Symphony Orchestra)
Longmire
Allo Allo (British comedy in occupied France, a la Monty Python)
lots of documentary movies

1 Like

I loved the Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch.

3 Likes

made my husband terribly jealous watching this b/c of my immeasurable crush on the lead actor. couldnt get enough of this show and sat without moving an inch till i had seen every episode :blush:

1 Like

I was recently introduced to this one! I saw a couple episodes mid season - need to go back and watch from the beginning.

whats this about?

Itā€™s a crime drama about a recently widowed sheriff trying to put his life back together. The plot summary doesnā€™t sound as good as the show is. :wink:

2 Likes

watched a very funny few episodes of a spoof on Jean-Claude Van Damm last night called ā€œJean-Claude Van Johnsonā€. it was a lot of fun, but not worth more than a good chuckle nor seeing the entire series. (we both fell asleep during the fourth episode) :wink:

PS: it is worth checking out though, b/c it was fun and if youā€™re in the mood for something lite, this definitely fits the bill 100% .

1 Like

If youā€™re willing to venture into other areas of Europe Iā€™ve heard Wallander is good. I also have seen a ton of dark moody murder mysteries but a lot of them are a little too sadistic for recovering, IMO.

2 Likes