Trying the Eversense implanted CGM

Well my second sensor is going to expire in the next week or so and I’m trying to clear off space on my arm for Omnipods so I figured its time to wrap up the Eversense trial. Eversense is something I would certainly use again if (a) they can get the 180 day sensor approved or (b) they re-start the discount cash buyer program for the 90-day sensors. I have binders full of numbers (Contour Next BG vs Dexcom G5 vs Eversense) which I probably won’t do anything with, but can generally be summarized with the two plots below:

Jan. 11 plot…made with Glooko, so I am not able to identify which is Eversense and which is Dexcom. They are quite close…equally accurate according to me. But not always…

Jan. 15 plot with a few issues. One issue is both CGM’s can be thrown off by bad calibrations. That is apparently what happened here, with the Eversense about 10% higher than fingersticks and the Dexcom a little lower. But the big picture is, both CGM’s caught the trends and especially the lows. One thing I discovered is the G5 gets a little jumpy and spotty when I play hockey, which is not conducive to glancing at the receiver and getting a reliable BG…but the Eversense was not. While wearing the Eversense, the vibratory alerts on my arm never let me down once. That feature is still the most useful to me.

Anyway, if anybody has questions about the Eversense I’d be glad to answer them.

3 Likes