The daily life of cats

Awww Watson dog says hi.

hi watson! hope he is doing well :slight_smile:

it looks like taranga is having surgery next tuesday :frowning: to remove the lump. it seems to never end :frowning:…all i want is her to be home and cancer free. she is a trooper and acting her normal self. at least it wont be a major surgery unless he sees something else. i just wanna cry. i love my baby so much. she means the world to me. but why does this have to happen. she was fine for 6 years. and now this. sigh think positive, think positive

1 Like

So sorry for Taranga, and for you :frowning: We’ll hope for the best and send out good thoughts.

thanks…ill be crying happy tears when i hear that she is cancer free. thats all i want. is for her to live a long life like my other cat did. sigh thanks for the good thoughts. she can use them for sure

2 Likes

Have you thought about getting another little critter? Having one more might bring you both some comfort :smiley_cat:

We’re both wishing you the best!
IMG_3191

1 Like

your cat looks like mine except taranga is long haired or medium haired. i want another one but my boyfriend said its not the best time as we are bringing taranga to the vet quite a few times, etc. i miss having two cats to love. when i had my older one when he died taranga was there for me. filling in the paws and making sure i was ok. im just a cat lover. ill be the one that collects them…i look at the local shelters website all the time. it hink once taranga is better then i can think about another cat. but my boyfriend says no just because of everything that is going on

2 Likes

Ah well, I know a shelter near me is always looking for volunteers to help with the cats they’re housing. It might be fun to volunteer! Though I think some of those cats can be pretty vicious.

1 Like

i dont drive so i cant get to the shelter. i rely on others to get me to places when they are available. plus then i would want to take home all of the cats

2 Likes

Haha. Yes! I suppose that would just add to your yearning. Best steer clear of the shelter then :wink:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: yes a yearning for sure. maybe once taranga is a bit better i can get another cat. but then my boyfriend may say to get another cat :smiley:

2 Likes

well the vet has an opening tomorrow to bring taranga in for the surgery. im a nervous mama! but at least its better than waiting until tuesday. oh i cant wait until the vet says she is cancer free. then maybe i can relax a bit.

how is everyone elses cats? i wanna know :slight_smile:…any new pics, etc?

2 Likes

she did fine :slight_smile:…i forgot to put up her food, etc last night…stupid move but she did ok regardless. she is back in the cone of course and isnt happy one single bit lol…poor thing. she goes back to the vet on tuesday for laser treatment. she still has a long way to go. …i need cute cat pics from your kitties

1 Like

What is the cat and what is the pillow?

1 Like

a beautiful cat! Love the markings. she does look like a pillow that you have to look twice. puts a smile on my face :slight_smile:

1 Like

Her sister:

The only difference btw them is the small orange patch over the right eye :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next week, we are getting ready to bring our 3 cats to a friend’s farm in Maine for the next 18 months, while we are away. This is a stressful moment for us :slight_smile: My son is flying back from California this weekend for two days to say goodbye to the cats.

We are worried that something will happen to them up there. They are accustomed to the wildlife here (foxes, coyote, raccoons etc.), but it will be a new, somewhat dangerous environment there (as it is here, but new to them). And we are uprooting them, so they will be stressed :frowning: So this may be the last time we see them.

My wife will spend several days with them in Maine to facilitate adaptation.

No easy choices! We still don’t have a good solution ready for my sweet big dog Bailey.

where are you going for 18 months? that seems to be a long time away from your babies? taranga doesnt like it when i leave for a weekend and when i was gone for a month in 2013 due to my disability she wasnt happy.

1 Like

We are spending about 15 months in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. But we are moving the cats ahead of our departure :slight_smile:

aaahh ok. that sounds like fun! hope your cats will get acclimated and will be extra happy when you guys return :slight_smile: