The daily life of cats

wow! 22!!! you go harley! he seems to be a small cat. he is very cute :slight_smile:

He has chronic kidney disease and has had pancreatitis so he has lost a lot of muscle mass. We give him sub-cutaneous fluids 3 times per week, B vitamins once a week in his fluids, cat-lax 3-4 times per week to keep his innards moving. Harley loves poached or roasted chicken in a little broth for treats.

Not a cat person, but what is the life expectancy of a household cat?

Dang CatLady, you got yourself a young husband!

Oh wait, you were talking about the cat. Nevermind.

4 Likes

LOL! and i have to write more as it wont let me just say lol

1 Like

awww poor thing! cats love chicken. taranga LOVES chicken. she knows the word, she knows the smell, etc. speaknig of chicken, i gotta give her snack

1 Like

My cat loved blue cheese and anchovies. Gave a whole new meaning to cat breath.

2 Likes

Mine all likeā€¦bacon!! :bacon:

1 Like

I dont give human food to taranga except for chicken. she lllloooovvvveeeessss chicken. they have at the pet store these fancy feast snacks that is chicken. she goes nuts over it! but other than that, i dont give her human food. i worry about the health of her, etc.

taranga had her weekly vet visit. she meowed softly in the car a few times and didnt on the way home. she had a good visit. i forgot to put my hearing aids in so i couldnt hear the vet that well but i tried with the lip reading that i learned to do. her bump is getting smaller thanks to the laser treatment that she has twice a week. the minute we get in she goes under he bed lol. ahh her daily thing to do sometimes. otherwise she is on the bed. still staying in the bedroom with her until i know she is ok. plus ive gotten use to being in here.

2 Likes

Poor little girl. This must be hard on her :frowning:

Our cats have such a hard time being taken to the vet. They meow all the way and backā€¦ It makes you sad to hear them.

I am so glad to hear that Taranga is doing better!

oh she isā€¦she i getting back to her normal self. the hard part is that she is still in the cone so she cant clean herself yet and she tries. i give her rubs as im cleaning her. so that helps a wee bit and i brush her. im surprised she didnt meow. i think she is getting use to going to the vet. im sure once the vet says she is cancer free it will all be worth the visits, etc. does your cats fuss when they are there or move around and not be calm? taranga does well at the vet although last time she was moving around. it was a crabby day for her last time

1 Like

Once they are there they are pretty good: they are curious about everything they see. But itā€™s getting there and back that is difficult, and a little sad!

awww. taranga also moves around in the carrier. sometimes she is laying in it. do you have any pics of your cats?

Nothing at handā€”you know guysā€¦ But Iā€™ll try to take some pics and post them in the next few days.

that would be nice to see pics! i cant wait :slight_smile:

Here is one of our cats, Clyde:

He is in his favorite position, lying down on a blanket on top of my wifeā€™s legsā€¦ He is the most sociable of all of our cats. He is also the only one of our cats who was born at home, here, with us. He is goofy and friendly.

He was raised in a house with a dog, and he is a bit dog-like. He waves his tail non-stop. Our dog Bailey is almost exactly the same blond colorā€¦They are great friends. The meld into the same background color when they are together.

Bailey:

4 Likes

awwww what a cutie pie! i can see the similarities in the coloring. and your dog is cute too!!! nice name for the dog :).

speaking of cats, tarangas vet visit today went really well. she had a laser treatment on the bump she has and it gotten smaller. her wound is healing up nicely. so goes back in 2 weeks! a bit of a break for her. and she can have the cone of shame in a week give or take. so im happy. and she likes to try to get onto my computer

3 Likes

I feel like I have to get in on this cat action. Our cat is named ā€˜Bigā€™, but we call him everything but that (Biggie, Bigaloo, Bugā€¦). Heā€™s a scaredy cat. He hides when there are any big noises outside, he hides when we have guests. He does not like men (except for my husband) or children, but loves women. He follows us everywhere around the house and hangs out with us when we are chatting or watching TV. Heā€™s extremely cuddly and loveable.

Biggie

6 Likes

awwwwā€¦beautiful kitty! its weird how they will like everyone or only men or women, etc. its like how can they tell the difference. but then again im not a cat! cuddly and lovable is the best. taranga is sort of cuddly but only when she wants to be but overall she isnt but a love bug

1 Like