The daily life of cats

still cant find the collar lol…he hid it good…i will find it. yesterday we brought bubba over to my boyfriend’s cousins house. so he got to meet ppl, got to walk around the property, saw a bunny and wanted it. he had a good time. he did however came out of the harness! seeing my boyfriend chase him around was funny but bubba was smart. we did get him back in the harness. and he behaved after that. i did however get bitten by a donkey that was on the property. yes his cousin has 2 donkeys and chickens on the property. i never seen donkeys up close so it was my first time. not a good first impression to get bitten on my foot. good thing for thick sneakers. my foot still hurts tho. bubba on the other hand just had fun. he enjoyed the ride there and back. he did break the picture frame that has tarangas fur and paw print. im devastated. now i cant sleep with it nearby. so i have the picture frame in a ziplock bag until i can replace it. maybe ill find a picture frame that is the same or find a place where i can replace the glass. i hope to replace the glass. so that is what he did yesterday in front of my eyes. anyways, he has an instagram. if you would like to check it out its bubba.da.cat…i need to put up todays pics on there. my phone is charing at the moment so…soon to be new pics!

1 Like

found his collar. he hid it in his crate. the place i already checked and i guess i needed the light to shine in to find it. right now he is hiding after i gave him some kibbles. he likes them as it has tuna in it. so i guess ill get more of those. he likes all of the wet food i have so far. so its just the matter of which one will be cheaper to buy so it last a while. I may go with blue wilderness as its cheaper in price than the wellness brand…ill get that in dry food as blue doesnt have the fish flavor in dry food. they have a lot of chicken and he wont eat the chicken flavor anything. so i want to get him the flavor he does like.

anyways, that is bubba news for today. i need to add more pics of him on instagram. i think i put up todays pic. so i need more now. maybe i can find where he is hiding and take a pic of that.

2 Likes

before i forget, @Nickyghaleb how are your cats doing? @CatLady how are your group of furbabies? i figured i ask how everyone else is doing with their furbabies…any updates? any new pics??

2 Likes

LOL, I was settling back into bed last night when Zane Grey decides to plop down on my chest to groom his feet! I remember muttering “Really???” and then must have fallen back to sleep. :crazy_face:

The neighborhood kiddos (aka “the swarm”) come over almost every day to pet kitties. Zane and Amador tolerate the attention pretty well. Mighty Mouse takes one look at the swarm and hightails it out of sight. Such different personalities!

Your story of Bubba losing his collar cracks me up. Since mine go outside, I use break-away collars…and they lose ‘em all the time. I used to buy cute reflective tags with their names and my contact info but replacing them got to be a real pain (and expensive). They are all micro-chipped anyway now so they can be easily identified if need be.

1 Like

We did have kitties going in and out doors over the years and they always wore collars and when the breakaways came out, we started to use them. Our last few sets of littermates have been indoor cats, but we had always put collars (breakaways) on them anyway. That is until one of them got it stuck in their teeth and they were choking on it - it never brokeaway. Scared the beggis out of all of us! At that point it was so tight and in her lower teeth, her chin was pulled down to her chest, and we couldn’t manually release it with the clip. My husband held her while I got the heavy duty kitchen sheers and cut the collar off. We took the collars off of our other two kitties and haven’t looked back.

2 Likes

Zane tried to take his first (and only) collar off, too. He had it wedged around his upper and lower jaws. Fortunately I was able to release it for him. Scary!

2 Likes

@CatLady he took it off in bed so i just put it right back on. i told him he needs to get use to wearing the collar lol…some day he will. just right now he is like what the heck is this. it has his name tag on it so if he ever slithers out of the apt without me knowing and im out and about, at least the neighbors can call me to let me know that stinky pants escaped. he likes to try to get out and go into the laundry room…sometimes he will go up to the 3rd floor which has stairs and i cant do stairs that well. he is a naughty kitty.

@Tapestry so far he has been scratching it off and not using his teeth. or he is doing it somehow. not sure how. but i find it around the apt. its like hide and seek with it. thats interesting that the collar didnt breakaway. it seems easy on my cats lol…taranga didnt mind the collar. she did take it off a few times but overall wore it with pride even tho when i put it on her for the first time at the age of 4. bubba is not even 2 yet and he tries to take it off lol

3 Likes

You won’t believe it, but Bootsy up and ran off. She was an adventurer, and she just got out one night and has yet to return. The funny thing is we do hear reports of Bootsy sightings, so I think she’s okay out there. Probably having the time of her life.

Cleo is our last one. And she is NOT an adventurer. She will beg to go out, walk through the door, turn around and wait for us to open it again to let her in. She is the sweetest kitty ever, and she makes us all very happy. And with the competition gone (yes, we all have wondered whether she could’ve been the one to let Bootsy out that night), she’s getting all of the love. I will put up a picture in a bit.

Oh, and Catinha, their mom, has lost all of her weight and is still living two doors down with my mom. She comes to our back porch sometimes and will even come up when Cleo goes out for her 6 seconds just to give her a kiss. Catinha really hated her children there for a long time, but it looks like she’s working on repairing the relationship. :smiley:

5 Likes

awww poor bootsy! i hope she makes it back home. its sad to hear that she isnt home. ill add her to my prayers that she returns home. sound like cleo is enjoying the time with you. at least she knows to stay in the yard. and i cant wait to see a pic! the cat i named :D, and at least the mom is doing good. and thats cute to get a kiss. at least cleo knows who she is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Help decide: should Madge Cat move to CA?

As not a cat person, I have to admit: the idea of a collar confuses me.

Although Bubba did look adorable in his! And if you’re trying to identify him that makes sense.

My sole experience as a cat owner is as a feral “barn cat” owner. I had a major rodent infestation on our property (which is like 1/5 of an acre in the middle of a town). Ground squirrels had taken over, chewed multiple holes in the foundation, and were accompanied by both roof rats and a type of mouse with large feet. It was bananas. The day the feral cats were delivered I trapped seven mice in two hours in the same two traps. I had gone down to the pound and asked for the meanest cats that would never be adopted and they lined me up with two such cats and a lovely woman (Ellen the Barn Cat Lady) who educated me about feral cats and cats in general. After a month in a giant cage in the garage, we released our cars Mr. Poirot and Miss Marple. Sad to say, Miss Marple dashed off and we never saw her again. Mr. Poirot stuck around for the last two years. But he’s absolutely not friendly and shy! However I adore him, which is sad because I’m allergic and he’d shred me if I tried to cuddle him. I made the mistake of trying to cozy up to him in the cage and he sliced my finger open. My bad. He won’t get near people, but he’s reduced the rodent population to almost zero on our lot and our neighbors. Recently a stellar’s jay took to eating all his food and he disappeared for about two weeks. We tried feeding him at night, switched to wet food, moved the food, nothing. So in desperation a month ago when I was heading out of town, I asked my neighbor to feed him on her porch. She had a wildlife camera and set it up! So I got the chance to see Mr. Poirot up close in eating mode. I love him even more. He is so cute! But he’ll never wear a collar or get flea meds or be a cuddled kitty. But I am thankful for his presence.

Here’s a screenshot of the video:

5 Likes

First one is how Cleo tries to hypnotize me with her eyes. All the time. Always trying to hypnotize me.

And second one is of her and her best Joker expression and showing off her alien crop circles. A natural entertainer she is. Which is good because she’s not as natural at hunting, jumping, and not falling off of things.

4 Likes

adorable pics! i love how she is looking at you…taranga use to look at me that way especially when its treat time. the other pic just cracks me up lol…she looks like the look at me, i am the cat that will do anything i want…i need to start a folder for bubbas pics. and download the rest on my phone so i have a place for them all…even tho they are all up on instagram. im working on trying to get a pic of him yawning lol…gotta have one of those…i managed to get it with taranga and calvin. and glad i did. a funny memory. keep bringing on the pics! i love them

1 Like

i became a moderator of the pet grief chat room. it makes me feel good that im being acknowledged as someone that helps others. iets weird. i just started today. so now there are rules to follow. darn. but im sure we will work our way around it. another person there is a mod as well. we both are. i became facebook friends with her as well. so weve are on each others side in helping each other.

i havent started the photo album yet. i look at pics of taranga and calvin and wanna cry. so i dont think its time for it yet. ill decorate the outside of it, etc and then eventually ill be ready to print. right now i cant. taranga will be gone 3 months on thurs…so the 17th will be a sad day for me.

bubba is good. ive been taking cute sleeping pics. he makes the cutest faces ever. i still need to catch a yawn pic. if i managed to do it for taranga and calvin i know i can get one from bubba. he meowed when i got home yesterday. i was at my best friends house from thurs till yesterday. now ill be at my boyfriends house for a few days. and so far he has had his collar back on for 24 hours now. lets hope it will stick this time. i keep trying. i feel better knowing he has a name tag on a collar so if he snuck out with me not knowing he did as he can do that. i remember waiting for my mom to get me and ill see him in the buildings hallway. i pretty much tell him to stay like a dog and he stays in the apt. but with him you never know.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I’m certain you will be a wonderful moderator and a huge help to all those who come looking for support!

2 Likes

thanks :)…me and the other friend are having a good time…we both been in the room all day…still the same as before mods but need to enfource a few rules lol…which we arent sure how good we will be at them

2 Likes

bubba decided to scare me yesterday…he broke away from his harness. i see him running towards the woods and see my boyfriend run after him. i was freaking out that we wouldnt be able to find him. i was on the verge of crying. luckily my boyfriend managed to find him. i said bad kitty. we do not go chasing bunnies as i find out from my boyfriend… so he isnt allowed to have walks until we can find a harness where he cant break through it. he does pretty good with the harness but who knew he would break through it to chase a bunny. at least i know he likes bunnies as well. i didnt want to have to tell my friend that we lost bubba and we arent sure when he is coming back. i wouldve been devistated to lose an almost 2 year old. bady kitty. go ahead and scare mama

2 Likes

Our little Siamese (full-grown at 7 pounds) always wiggled out of her harness. I gave up on taking her for walks. Sasha crossed the Rainbow Bridge many years ago and I still miss and love her.

3 Likes

i dont want to give up on walks as he needs it…he is a hyper boy without it. plus he likes rides in the car so we need the harness on him. we just need to find a harness that he cant get out of to chase bunnies. he was doing fine until he saw a bunny. now he lost his privledges until we see my boyfriend. i should look online and see whats out there…see if we can find the perfect one. we may have to look in the dog section as they have more selections than the cat section. but im gonna look online…i may have to do a search in google for harness where they can escape. and sorry for your loss on sasha. you do miss your beloved no matter how long theyve been gone.

and its officially 3 months since taranga has been gone :frowning:

2 Likes

@amymc I hope your search for a secure, inescapable harness is fruitful! You may need to change his name to Houdini!

2 Likes