The daily life of cats

thats good he will be able to have the surgery. im sure he will feel a lot better once it is removed

1 Like

how did it go?

Surgery delayed, hoping it will start soon.

awww thats a bummer…why delayed?

Clinic running late but waiting too long now, anxious…

Finally home! Snugged up on a warm mat in his kennel, not quite ready to come out yet but alert. Three extractions, one very difficult. Love my vet!!

3 Likes

glad he is alert…and glad that everything went well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Harley was very weak and probably a little hypo this morning. My vet tech friend told me to get some Nutri-Cal in him. He licked up just a bit of baby food, too. Now he is up (but understandably grumpy) and has used the litter box. I will give him fluids and B-12 next and keep offering him food.

1 Like

it sounds like he is doing ok…what is nutri-cal? is it a type of cat food?

Nutri-Cal is a dense nutrient mix in a tube that can be given by syringe when cats won’t eat. It’s got a consistency to hair-ball goo.

He has eaten a little deli turkey in water and is resting in a sunshine spot now.

1 Like

ahhh interesting stuff. does he like it? from your post it sounds like he does. and sitting in a sunshine spot is awesome :slight_smile:…the cat im taking care of for a few months like to look out the window

I dunno, I don’t think I administered it very well, made a mess. But he got enough in to resolve the hypo. :smiley_cat:

thats good!! as long as it resolves the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

They look like they’re doing nothing at all, but Bootsy and Cleo are actually wishing you Happy Thanksgiving. :grin:

3 Likes

They are beautiful! What a great picture!

1 Like

ooo you did cleo! YAY! bootsy sounds like a nice name :)…which one is cleo??? the black one???

1 Like

Yes, Cleo is the black one. The kids loved Cleo. I was the one who came up with Bootsy, and no one loves that. That’s okay though. I just couldn’t do Mittens or War Machine, and those were seriously on the table.

So thank you for Cleo. :grin:

3 Likes

Now that is an interesting name… I’d love to have been a little mouse in a hole while this discussion was going on :slight_smile:

welcome! im happy that the black one got named cleo…ill still call her cleopatra lol…but YAY! i hope for more pics. im loving the pics so far. now cleo has a special place in my heart :)…what was the one i originally wanted to name, name? does he have one?