Tandem tslim vs Omnipod 5

jbowler makes veey good points, and i am not a programmer, and had to fo the approximately week long exam, however, it probably did help to understand everything going on in aaps. i also wanted to wsrn you against the pump control apk, as it does not allow any type of looping and the pod wilk be stuck to that program for 3.5 days, or the full pod…you have to build the full app, then change the tyoe if app on one screen towards the end to build the os wear app, ive never used the fb group apos, but they probably are beneficial, as jbowler said

Well, after getting irritated by my O5 for the umpteenth time this weekend, I switched back to my Tandem X2 pump.
I have a month or three of supplies.
Main thing is using the Lyumjev U200 will be a new experience in this pump.

I really like to have a 90 degree cannula again. I always have problems with angled cannulas, and that is the only option when it comes to using any kind of Pod…

7 Likes

I have restarted mine and enjoyed much better success and faster with new settings and its learning from that point. Still like t-slim algorithm lots better (for me), and the type of infusion set, but hate how long it takes me to change cartridge and hate having tubes. Hence I am on a pump break until my numbers are unbearable and then will have to choose. If t-slim made a tubeless pump, I would use it this minute. But yes, reset has actually made OP5 a contender for me (would have ditched it, otherwise). Plus, the reset was better at the getgo. My 2 cents. . .

1 Like

I’ve had the same thing happened with my 05s today at work I weld and was sweating extremely bad and then it just came off so I think I am going to switch back to my Tandem. I have steel needles with them and maybe two months supply of them so I’m just having a lot of trouble with these 05s

Maybe try Skin-Tac at insertion time?

Gonna have to try something like that because I sweat a lot at work. Thanks bro

For my dexcom, I find that skintac works great.
I also make sure to use an alcohol wipe first. Not to be sterile, but to remove any oils on my skin. This makes a BIG difference when using the pods for me as well.
I haven’t needed to use skintac for a pod yet, but I know the last couple would have worked better if I had.

2 Likes

A little update.
I am doing a one meal a day / water fast.
And without having extreme basal profiles on the X2 with Control IQ and Lyumjev U200, my normal numbers during the day are mainly in the 90s!
And the Control IQ is not trying to reduce or stop basals very often (like a few times in the day for maybe 5 to 15 minutes time frame. So very little.)
I am very happy with this part! Good stable numbers, and what appears to be a good basal rate without it doing anything crazy to try and adjust.

3 Likes