Spiking from Coffee/ Caffeine SOS

I make my own cold brew using this set up, and it’s fantastic and makes a carafe of coffee concentrate that lasts for about a week. I tend to prefer lighter roasts for both hot and cold brewing, and have a locally made Ethiopian coffee (with fruity, almost blueberry undertones) that I love in it. Definitely a different flavor depending on if I cold brew it or hot (french press), but both are delicious, and cold brew has much less acid if that’s a concern.

Link below, but I suggest buying at bed bath and beyond with one of their 20% off coupons:

1 Like

Thanks for that :blush:

1 Like

I’m going to try your suggestion. I really enjoy my morning coffee, but have the same spike. Perhaps dehydration is the problem.

3 Likes

I used to get that spke from coffee or tea, but then i started doing a bolus for each of them and NO MORE SPIKE. Magic. (it did take a couple of tries before i figured out how much insulin i needed though. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Coffee doesn’t affect me at all either. I drink 2 coffee pots before 10:am. Never had a spike. I drink 2 cups of coffee before I go to bed as well. Love my coffee. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought I was alone with the coffee spikes, I’m glad it’s not just me! :sweat_smile: Thought it was just my creamer, but so far it seems I need more insulin than I normally would for the carbs/fat… Maybe pre-hydration will help! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@RachelMaraii I need to bolus, but only a unit or less for two coffees (both are practically oversized espresso). It seems to cause a moderate 15-20 bump in BG without breakfast being eaten. I know many it doesn’t affect, a few it does, my one need has grown over the last two years, not sure why…

2 Likes