Shotout to docslotnick

Just a shoutout to Docslotnick. He’s literally on just about every single topic, he’s always incredibly knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to all things tech and 'betes - just a stellar guy. So here’s to you @docslotnick , thanks so much for being our Prometheus! :smiley:

21 Likes

I second that. Doc is terrific.

4 Likes

I would not be on this forum if not for @docslotnick. He was an immense help getting my Sony watch up and running.

5 Likes

Doc’s a diabetes OG. Been here with us since the very beginning. Always quick to lend a hand or share a laugh.

4 Likes

@Pastadude @RCA221 @Randy @Sam Thank you all for the kind words. As in my 42 years of dental practice, it is always the people like you who I can help that make the effort worthwhile. Where would we be without each other?

10 Likes

People with bad teeth?

3 Likes

Hey, diabetes, tech, teeth. what could be better?

2 Likes

Really glad you are here helping us all out! You are truly an Xdrip Jedi Knight, and not the young one that keeps making mistakes. :wink:

3 Likes

This is a terrific group! Wonderful people, with a great sense of humor, and hopefully, most of our teeth. I’ve been missing 4 teeth forever.

2 Likes

As everyone has said, Doc is great! Very smart and also a very nice guy. A definite tech resource for all things D!

And let’s not forget, he has many other areas of expertise…

5 Likes

:notes: These are a few of my favorite things :notes:

6 Likes

You don’t practice in the Little Rock area do you?? Asking for a friend…LOL

2 Likes

@sggmom62 No, I’m retired. Practiced 35 years in California and 7 in Texas.

3 Likes

Are you still in Texas or did you move to Florida or some other retirement state now?

1 Like

@Sam No, we moved to our lake house on Lake Livingston in East Texas. I think I’ve had enough of large cities.

We originally moved to Texas to retire, but I discovered that I didn’t want to retire. So I went back to work here. Then, as you know, I was kind of forced to hang it up.

6 Likes

I thought Texas was a retirement state?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t consider San Antonio a retirement destination

1 Like

Just outside of San Antonio is the beautiful Hill Country, I would retire there any day.

3 Likes

This is funny, in a tiny country, like mine, we think the other side of the country is quite far away, but you guys just move hundreds or even thousands of miles for education, jobs or retirement.

3 Likes

Yeah it is different. My wife and I have made three moves between 1200 and 1800 miles for each move, and haven’t thought twice about it. I am guessing an 1800 mile move would be dramatic in your country.

2 Likes