Random D thoughts

Meanwhile I’m over here proud of myself that, after 35 years of living (10 years ago), I finally learned how to change my own oil, brake pads and other basic things like bleeding the brakes. :laughing: Now I do all of the “basic” car maintenance myself for our vehicles, but I regret not learning those basic skills earlier! All the money I wasted over the years!

It’s so satisfying (as a guy anyway) to do the vehicle maintenance alone…I didn’t realize how satisfying until I started doing it. I now have my sons come out and help me so that they can do these things for themselves when they’re older and have their own vehicles.

3 Likes

I still don’t know how to do much. I can add more windshield fluid, put chains on the tires, and probably manage to put the spare on (but I’d rather just call for help - I had a slow leak and pumped up the tire with a bike pump every couple miles on the way to the shop). My subaru dealer has a full service coffee bar so I drink the cost of the oil change in latte’s while I wait.

8 Likes

With modern cars and all the electronics, this would probably be a bad thing…
ha ha ha

Yes, when people add a second battery to a Jeep, they have a switch so you can choose either of the batteries, but not both at the same time.

1 Like

I put nitrous in my car. :crazy_face:

Here is the old beast.

1 Like

Is everyone speaking in code about diabetes? Would you care to share? Does “corrosion” mean high blood sugar?

3 Likes

Heh. Many of my patients run on 60% nitrous.

2 Likes

They add sulfur dioxide to the car nitrous to prevent people from inhaling it.

But my car enjoys the non-medical grade stuff just fine.

1 Like

Yeah, the stuff I have has to be mixed with oxygen so the patient doesn’t suffocate.

But I would bet some of them wouldn’t mind using the sulfur dioxide mixture as long as it got them high.

2 Likes

This is the funniest thread I’ve read in a long time, and really speaks to the “who’s on this forum anyway” question!

1 Like

Hopefully doc can bring a few nitrous bottles to the FUD gathering!

2 Likes

Awesome !!!

1 Like

“Memories…” :open_mouth:

Of when, last night?!
Ha!:joy:

2 Likes

Ha, no thankfully. Way back in the day (college and many, many Grateful Dead shows)! :scream_cat:

1 Like

I love this thread, and I had no idea the kind of conversations my post would lead to!

4 Likes

I might have lost track but I think 76 carbs overnight trying to fight a low.
Like WTH ???

Plus the Dex acting up earlier in the day so I couldn’t trust the number so lots of fingersticks.

1 Like

Activity level? Less carbs than normal during the day?

:slightly_frowning_face: I’m so sorry!

My random D thoughts (of yesterday)…potty training the toddler, our first, and as she asked to try to go every 3 minutes (and asked for water repeatedly), “Is she having high blood sugar from all the candy rewards? Is she ok?!” Potty training isn’t for the weak of heart, particularly as a parent with diabetes who fears passing it on to her children. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@Thomas Not such a random thought: Diabetes Sucks!

1 Like