Random D thoughts

Unless you were to specify or unless you Endo already really knows you…
:slight_smile:
I would guess that the Endo would simply assume you meant a regular injection and that you just used the wrong terminology 'cause you didn’t know any better.

lol

I am curious. How much do you actually share with your Endo?

It depends on the endo. I have several. There is one who knows what I am up to. He is kind of like a mad-scientist type. His practice it not modern and he doesn’t download stuff. But he knows all about what I do, and has given me advice on it. He knows I do IV, and was interested in learning about it. Just told me to be careful, keep it all sterile and so-forth, but he said he trusts my judgement on how much I take. He said he enjoys my visits because it is not the normal discussion. I like him.

Then there is another that is more typical, that does all the normal downloading stuff. And the normal lectures about BG dangers. :astonished: :roll_eyes: He doesn’t have any clue about what I do. And would freak if he learned.

Then there is one that just writes scripts, nothing else.

I don’t really have conventional endo-patient relationships. I don’t see any of them very much, only when forced to for insurance requirements.

3 Likes

ROTFLMAO. I should have been able to guess.

4 Likes

I figured out the cause of diabetes.

My wife was watching Family Feud, and every single commercial was for some diabetes medicine. Farxiga, Glucophage, Januvia… It kept going.

Non-stop diabetes commercials about lowering your A1C with Jarfluxia, or whatever.

So obviously, now we know the cause.

2 Likes

Family Feud?

1 Like

Reason #592 you should always carry your insulin with you, even if you KNOW you won’t need it…
…so you can eat the melting ice cream you bought at the grocery store while you wait there for a tow truck. :laughing:

14 Likes

That’s an amazing story, and I’m glad you weren’t crying over spilt milk but instead enjoying it while still frosty!!!

1 Like

Hahaha, oh, I cried a lot, I’m afraid. I was sick and tired, kids were asleep, so hubby couldn’t come wait instead of me (thankfully they woke up shortly after I called), then even after he did, he waited 2 more hours, no tow truck, before my car miraculously started on its own so he could come home. And I didn’t have insulin with me (boooo), so no ice cream, but thankfully it refroze just fine. I learned my lesson for next time! :rofl:

1 Like

Perhaps not the point - but did you find out the problem with the vehicle?

We are a total a loss, currently. It’s had this problem before, and something about how the battery and cables were sitting allowed just enough juice to start it and get where we were going (short distance), but then wouldn’t start when we needed to head home. Not sure what’s going on this time, but my husband drove to yesterday, and it was fine! :woman_shrugging:

First thought is alternator. Second thought is voltage regulator. Although I think most modern cars have the voltage regulator integrated into the alternator.

At least in our area, if you stop by any Auto Parts store, the guys inside will come out and do a free alternator and battery check on your vehicle. Free service. Very nice.

Unfortunately, alternators on some cars can be like $300~$500. But if that is what it is - better to know then end up on the side of the road. Again.

3 Likes

It’s the battery. I just checked and it is due for replacement.

2 Likes

I’ll pass these suggestions on to my husband. I want to say, @Eric, the battery was fairly new when this first happened. And we did take it to Auto Parts, and they didn’t see anything wrong.

How old is the battery?

When this first happened, about 6 months old. Now it’s just shy of a year and a half. My husband had to replace the wires that connect the battery to the car as they’d gotten damaged by corrosion. He thinks they just get jiggled loose over time, and the connection is not so great, so it dies. He said the wires are what he messed with while waiting for the tow truck, so he thinks he got them back where they needed to be. He plans to check them regularly to make sure they’re in there well and see if that makes a difference (excuse my very-uneducated-about-cars translation).

2 Likes

Corrosion within six months would be a problem. That should not happen.

Get a terminal cleaner and scrub them clean. Then coat them with Vaseline.

Did the auto parts store actually run an alternator test or only give it a “look over” ?

1 Like

If the cables are old or corroded, it can be a problem. If the battery is not that old, then the cables are the next thing to look at. It could be a bad connection, like they are not tight on the battery terminals, or there is corrosion on them.

If the cables are ok, then clean the battery terminals. They sell stuff for that, you can get it in a spray can. Clean the battery terminals well, and then put battery terminal grease on them to keep them from corroding. After cleaning the terminals tighten them securely and see if that resolves it.

1 Like

Back in the day… I had a car with an electric issue. I got tired of trying to chase it down.

I wired a second battery in parallel. Fixed that issue. lol.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, when we replaced the battery, the cables had already been damaged, so we replaced them as well, cleaning everything else up.

I’m not sure - my husband took it to them. He actually likes dealing with car stuff, so he’s generally pretty thorough, so I would assume so.

Wow! That’s one way to fix the issue!

1 Like