Problems with xDrip+ after latest Samsung update

My Samsung Galaxy S9+ updated earlier this week and ever since the update, my phone keeps asking me permission to pair with the Dexcom. randomly but often and if I do not say yes, it will not show my bloodsugar. I have done troubleshooting with Samsung on the phone and in person and reset everything I can just shy of a Factory Reset, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my xDrip+ software. Can anyone help me? I really do NOT want to have to reset my phone to factory. Thanks!

1 Like

@sggmom62 I don’t think this is limited to Samsung phones. I have the same issue, am on Android 11 and will never run a Samsung phone. Personally I think this is due to an Android monthly update.

@sggmom62. Fwiw, the 11\26 nightly apk has solved the by pairing issue for me. The issue appears to be related to increased bt security protocols from Android updates.

Nightly can be found here:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases/download/2020.11.26/xDrip-plus-20201126-cf5500f.apk

4 Likes

Oh my GOSH!!! Thank you SO MUCH!! You did in one click what 3 Samsung calls and one in person technician could not figure out!! I should have come here first!! This group of people are the best!!!
Kathy

4 Likes

Glad it worked out for you @sggmom62. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

This has just sorted out my problem too. I’ve been trying to sort it out for weeks. It was driving me bonkers. What fantastic people are on here. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Oh no. It only lasted a few hours. It’s driving me crazy. PLEASE HELP if you can. Thanks. Carolyn.