Omnipod 5 Loss of communication with pod

Has anyone else been having issues with the Omnipod 5 controller going off EVERY night, multiple times, to let me know that it hasn’t been able to communicate with my pod for 4 hours and is going to shut off? I’ve only had one actually shut down requiring new pod activation at 2am, but this is getting ridiculous! Still waiting for the iPhone app as well. Seriously, people, we are a year since you all said it was coming and where are we?

3 Likes

I have not had that exact problem but I did have a controller that had a brain cramp and got stuck on “Loading 11 of 22”. Insulet sent a warranty replacement. You should get them to send you a new controller, it does not sound like yours is working properly.

Go to the menu click on Reminders

Pod Shut-Off needs to be toggled off

I’m assuming your menu will look like the second pic. It needs to look like the first pic.

I accidentally turned this function on last month and was awakened with a 4am screaming pod.:rofl:

3 Likes

That’s what it was—thanks!

2 Likes

They did and the new one hasn’t had this issue pop up as of yet. I’m now also able to wear the G6 sensor and pod on different sides of my body when my rotation days don’t line up which is a definite plus. Still waiting for the promised iPhone app! Sounds like maybe it’s a money issue as doubtful it’s a tech one…

1 Like

Turn off pod shut off alarm.

Fooled me too. It’s not actually an alarm to warn you that the pod has shut off. It’s a setting to warn you then shut off the pod if you haven’t played with controller in a set amount of time

1 Like