New Dexcom update - can personalize alarm settings - FINALLY!

Link first: https://www.dexcom.com/faq/what-features-are-included-latest-update-dexcom-g5-mobile-app

One of my biggest pet peeves with my Dexcom G5 app is it gives this blazing awful alarm when the sensor is “about to expire”… hours from when it goes off, and usually while I’m sleeping. As of yesterday, they have an app update that makes the Dex app actually respect the “do not disturb” setting (other than urgent low and loss of signal). You can set your preferences for alert type based on time of day, day of the week. It looks good so far!

9 Likes

That is good news, with all of these companies creating alarms that are helpful at times, it is great that some are starting to see the benefit of giving the patient control and respecting sleep, which is probably the most helpful things someone can do for their body.

3 Likes

Thanks for this! I saw that the alarms were changed, but haven’t looked at that yet.

3 Likes

You can also have two different alarm profiles. The default alarm profile, and one other (which you can name and define a Start and Stop time and set of days).

So I have the default alarms pretty tight and noisy during the day, and then created “Night” profile from 11pm to 8am (or whatever times / days) that alarms on the Urgent Low but has more liberal settings for the Low and High.

2 Likes

@allison, what a great post, thanks very much! Taht is truly good news.

2 Likes

True. I just leave my settings the same all day on my phone, and use the actual G5 receiver under my pillow at night. It works well for me that way - and no need to worry about the settings! I just hated when it yelled at me that my sensor was going to expire. In 3 hours. Ugh! :wink:

2 Likes

Wish I could take credit for the news… two weeks ago I’d actually posted on Dexcom’s page, asking if they could address this very issue, and lo and behold they wrote me back yesterday saying there was an app update! They are on top of their social media game!

2 Likes

Did my eyesight suddenly just get worse or did this recent update also make the words a lot smaller within the app??

2 Likes

Hoping it’s not your eyes, but I have the Android app (Samsung Galaxy) and it’s almost identical.

2 Likes

iPhone app text definitely shrank it seems.

2 Likes

@EricH has noted that with the recent update his new G5 that now runs from his iPhone is constantly dropping its connection with the sensor. Even if they’re almost touching.

Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

I’ve been running v1.7.5 since yesterday with no drops. Maybe reboot the phone?

1 Like

The app is messed up. At least my copy is. When attempting to enter a bg number there is no confirm, enter or ok button after entering the number.

I’m having to ever the bgs on the receiver atm.

3 Likes

Sorry about that, at least the interface is clean?? Maybe that is the only upside.

I always thought the interface was clean even before this update. It used to have all the right buttons too.

3 Likes

No connection drops for me so far with my iPhone. But I definitely noticed the font size in the app is now smaller. :slightly_frowning_face:

I played around with the larger font size Accessibility setting…unfortunately that didn’t help in the Dexcom app (although it worked for many other apps).

2 Likes

Having all the right buttons seems pretty critical :wink:.

Thanks for reporting on your updates guys! I’ll probably wait a few weeks to update until all the kinks have been worked out :rofl:.

1 Like

I bet if you left a nasty review, they’d bump the font size back up for the next update :smile:

2 Likes

Right now it’s impossible to enter any BG via the app… Unless I just have a faulty install.

1 Like

I wonder if you do Harold. Here is what my phone looks like post upgrade:

1 Like