Need Diabetes Case ideas, help

Here is the one I use, which carries everything and then some, dual compartments, and dual ice pack function if needed.
I went through a few re-arrangements until I got everything organized in a manner I feel most comfortable with. Note that it is quite a bit larger than the typcial glucose monitor in a case, but, with the need to have pens, vials, and syringes at all times, there’s not too many ways I found to handle all of that, plus a meter with testing supplies. I do freely admit that I tend to carry around quite a bit more than I typically need for just one day.
I also sometimes wear a belt along with my suspenders! :wink:

2 Likes

So I purchased this case, and it arrived several days ago. Thus far I have been able to put in 4 sets , 4 reservoirs, extra grif grips, extra skin tac & tac away, extra strips, needles, 4 vial of insulin ( I only really need 2) and still have room to spare. @Eric, Thanks so much for suggesting this case! It will be perfect for future work travels. :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesome, sounds great! Would love to see a picture of your stuff packed in it if you’d like to share a pic.

1 Like

I’ll upload one in the am.

1 Like

@Eric here is the case fully loaded in 2 pics… As stated previously I have put in the case: 4 sets (2 steel, 2 plastic) , 4 reservoirs, extra grif grips, extra skin tac & tac away, extra BG strips, needles of varying types, 4 vials of insulin ( I only really need 2), a Dexcom sensor, and still have room to spare.

IMG_20180402_075254_01IMG_20180402_075300_01

1 Like

Looks like a good way to carry everything. Are you planning to use this for daily carry, or trips, or what?

If it is for trips, the only thing I would add would be a vial protector, since smashing an insulin vial on a trip is crappy.

https://www.amazon.com/Vial-Protection-Securitee-Blanket-Short/dp/B000R81M48/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1522682573&sr=8-2&keywords=insulin%2Bvial%2Bbottle%2Bprotector&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Insulin-Vial-Protective-Case-VIAL/dp/B0070EN0BU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1522682573&sr=8-1&keywords=insulin+vial+bottle+protector

1 Like

I actually have 4 of the silicone vial protectors in the pack. Primarily the case is for travel. I have a smaller soft-sided case I carry in my man-purse (knapsack) for daily use since I don’t need carry as much.

How do you like those? Have you tried these also?

I am wondering if the silicone one is better. Seems like maybe it is because it is smaller and you can see the insulin level without removing the vial.

I have not tried the foam sleeve. I LOVE the silicone sleeves with 1 exception - each package has 2 protectors, 1 fits Humalog, and 1 fits Novolog. You need 2 packs to get 2 similar vial sleeves. I have actually dropped my vial after installing the sleeve. No breakage, but one heck of a bounce. Not sure if I was just lucky, it was because of the sleeve, or ??? Regardless, I like being able to tell the remaining volume in the vial without having to put my dirty works hands on the vial and I feel more secure knowing I did what I could to protect it.

All of my NovoLog and Humalog vials are the same size. Lantus and Apidra are the taller and thinner vials, so I think the other container in there is meant for the Lantus/Apidra type.
Kinda hard to tell from the picture :arrow_up:

But regardless, it does kind of suck that you can’t buy just one of them. You end up with a bunch of sleeves that you have no use for.

1 Like

Totally correct, one is Humalog/Novolog/R size, and one is Lantus size ( I must be getting old - having senior moments already). I have 2 Lantus sized if anyone would like them.

1 Like