Insulet Fully Rolls Out Omnipod 5 with Dexcom G7 in U.S., Launches iPhone App

I found this online as of 6/20/24. See this link:

6 Likes

I also found this on Insulet’s web site:

If you are already using Omnipod 5, you will get the new Pods compatible with Dexcom G6 and G7 through your Pod refills. You do not need a new prescription. The week of July 29th, you will receive a free software update for the Omnipod 5 App to your Controller or compatible Android smartphone which is needed to use the System with Dexcom G7. Accept the update. We recommend you continue to use your current Omnipod 5 Pods and Dexcom G6 supplies until the new Pods compatible with Omnipod 5 with Dexcom G6-G7 are available at your preferred pharmacy.

We’ll email our users when the new Pods are available in most pharmacies.

You can learn more at
https://www.omnipod.com/innovation/new-compatible-devices

5 Likes

Thx for the info!!! It’ll be nice if you really do not need a new script.

I wouldn’t count on the email. They said the same thing for Omnipod 5. I never received the promised email. I ended up just calling my pharmacy every week until I found out it was in stock.

I’m about 6 months ahead on pods so looks like G7 will be my Xmas present!

The Insulet website still says the iPhone app is still in limited market release??

3 Likes

I got the email on Thursday last week. Here is what it said about the iPhone app;

The Omnipod 5 App for iPhone is now in a Limited Market Release. We will continue to update you as iPhone control becomes more broadly available. The first version of the App will integrate with the Dexcom G6 only. If you prefer iPhone control, stay on the Dexcom G6.

“The Omnipod 5 App for iPhone is now in a Limited Market Release. We will continue to update you as iPhone control becomes more broadly available. The first version of the App will integrate with the Dexcom G6 only. If you prefer iPhone control, stay on the Dexcom G6.”

It’s going to create some confusion as they roll out pods for G7 at the same time as an iPhone app for only G6 “Not for G7”. It will take me until early 2025 to use up my stockpiled G6 supplies, so I guess I will hope they add G7 integration by then. But not holding my breath, if I had to choose one I would use G7 with the PDM rather than continue on for much longer on G6.

3 Likes