Dexcom G7 And Omnipod 5 Limited Market Release

Guys,
On the Omnipod 5 FAQ page, I just found the following news:

When will Omnipod 5 be compatible with the Dexcom G7 CGM?

We recently started a limited market release for Omnipod 5 with Dexcom G7 integration so that the company can incorporate the learnings to deliver a best-in-class experience. While we do not have a predetermined length of time for the limited market release, we will continue to communicate as the Omnipod 5 with Dexcom G7 integration becomes more broadly available. To learn more go to omnipod.com/innovation/dexcom-g7.

Incidentally - the link at the end of the ‘announcement’ didn’t work when I tried it, but after further searching on the web, I found a press release from Feb 24 about this. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait much longer to use the G7 with Omnipod 5.

5 Likes

Still waiting for the iPhone app they have been promising for the last few years!

5 Likes

The FDA approved the iPhone app in November (if I recall correctly) so shouldn’t be more than a few more years before we get it. Of course that all goes out the window when the ‘new’ pods that work with the G7 arrive, so I’d say no more than 5 - 6 years to go!
Can you tell I’m not optimistic about Omnipod software development?

2 Likes