Indoor exercise equipment

Wow, great! You are right, I chose the “indoor cycle” for my Watch Workout. I tried the Outdoor Cycle, and it does get the additional data, which is what I wanted!!

I will do the pairing for the Zwift app though once I install it!

I like the route you chose for the Zwift ride Strava integration!!! I used to do that run daily!!! Strava shows everything I really look at. I will try the basic Strava then.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, Carlos!!!

2 Likes

Woah, cool! Thanks so much! I’m not sure what model it is, but I’ll check after work.

1 Like

There’re a lot of wonderful pieces of advice. I can only advise you to take more care of your knees, e.g. using https://www.bikethesites.com/mtb-knee-pads/ I think you know that repetitive motion of pedaling a bike can cause strains, sprains, or other injuries and the compression of the knee pads can help increase blood flow to the knees and reduce swelling. So can wish you good luck and take care!

1 Like

The use of knee sleeves and the like can help knees that have issues when cycling. Generally cycling does not injure the knees if the saddle is correctly positioned. What is a common cause of knee injury from bicycling is having the saddle too low.

I have osteoarthritis in both knees and regular bicycling is what enables me to be able to walk without pain. This is on bicycles that are properly adjusted for me. There is a saying, “Motion is lotion,” among cyclists because the constant motion of low impact pedaling distributes the synovial fluid to lubricate and cushion.

Last week while driving in town I saw a young couple cycling. The woman was on a bike with the saddle way too low. It made me cringe and want to shout at her that she was going to injure herself.

6 Likes

Just to add to @CarlosLuis observation. I am a daily bike rider and also a bike tourer. It’s amazing to me about how even a small change in the height of the saddle can make a huge difference in knee pain. So make sure your saddle is adjusted right.

And if your knees hurt, that’s a signal that you need to adjust your saddle - don’t ride with knee pain.

4 Likes