I got some Fiasp

@Beacher, welcome to the forum, I am looking forward to reading more from you!

If you have a minute, you may want to post in this introduction thread:

I’ve been using Fiasp for four months now and, for me, it has really made a difference. I do eat low-carb, but I’m able to eat these days without pre-bolusing at all (compared to pre-bolusing by 30-60 minutes with Apidra). Fiasp allows me to eat some higher-carb meals without pre-bolusing and not spike above about 10 mmol/L (with Apidra, if I tried high-carb meals, I’d spike to 14-18 mmol/L even with a pre-bolus). With Fiasp, basal changes kick in after about an hour and I’ve changed my DIA to three hours instead of four. Also, I find IM injections of Fiasp usually get me back into range within an hour, even when I start out quite high, and even regular pump boluses turn around a high much faster for me. I never used NovoRapid before, so I don’t have that to compare to, but I definitely like it better than Apidra or Humalog and would not go back. I was never one of those people who found Apidra fast, even though I’ve heard some say that it’s “faster” then Humalog or NovoRapid.

2 Likes

Apidra wasn’t anything tremendous for me, only slightly faster than Humalog or NovoLog. For me, Fiasp was about the same in relative terms. A bit faster, but not anything crazy fast.

But I suppose a little bit faster is better than nothing.

1 Like