FIASP: trying new, very fast acting insulin?

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to use Afrezza due to an active history of asthma. But I’m hoping that I can get close to Afrezza results when FIASP finally gets FDA approval. (or I decide I’ve waited long enough and just move to Canada)

1 Like

I’m very curious to try Fiasp too! I wish someone would send me some. :wink:

3 Likes

I tried multiple Canadian pharmacies, but none of them will ship FIASP to an address outside Canada. :sob:

It’s an evil conspiracy I tell ya’

1 Like

working on samples from my Endo. If I get I will share.

3 Likes

Is it not yet approved in USA?

No. It is not. And that’s because of just four letters: F D A.

The ol’ F Diabetic America agency

1 Like

Dang, I didn’t even see this thread. We are all ranting about the same thing at the same time.
:grinning:

Doc, to be fair, there are many ways that can go wrong with new drugs, or even what may seem to be inocuous products – remember thalidomide. It is hard to walk the line between safety (which, in this field, somewhat depends upon the length and thoroughness of the studies) and new drug availability.

The FDA has done, overall, a very good job at keeping us safe. We all want to find a way to make new drugs available faster and in a less costly manner. But I also understand the immense pressure of trying to make sure that a new drug will not cause deaths or terrible consequences.

My personal feeling is that part of the higher cost of validation in the US is also that getting drugs tested costs more in the US because of labor and overhead, not only because of additional requirements.

FYI, my older son is looking into a non-profit venture aimed at radically decreasing the costs of qualifying a drug for FDA approval.

1 Like

@Michel I understand that Michel, and agree that the FDA does a decent job.
But in too many instances they go overboard, to the detriment of the health and well being of the American people.

In the case of FIASP, the drug has been approved in Canada and in Europe with trials conducted by Novo. These trials are literally being ignored by our FDA, and NOVO has had to start from scratch, delaying approval by many months.

I hope your son is successful in helping to speed up the process!

2 Likes

I’ll trade Afrezza for some! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’d said it with a mouth full of crayons I’d have immediately noted the connection