Huawei Mate 9 will not connect to G6 via Dexcom app or xDrip+

Hi everybody, I am a long term type 1 (40+ years) and now have no hypo symptoms which is why I have the G6. Everything was fine until last week when my previous phone was smashed and I had to buy a replacement - I chose the Huawei Mate 9 because it is a particularly loud phone and I need that for the hypo alarms when I am sleeping. My previous phones could run both the Dexcom app or xDrip+ no problem although I preferred xDrip because of its ability to speak the readings. But! I have spent the last 2 days trying to get either of these apps working. They both install fine and I have set them up as I did on the old phones but it simply will not connect to the G6. I now think that there must be something in the way Huawei handles the bluetooth protocol so does anyone have any idea how I can overcome this problem or have I just bought an expensive piece of junk? Sigh!!!

2 Likes

Do you have G6 Receiver that connects ok ? This would confirm transmitter is working ok. With receiver verify there is connection to sensor code, and you get readings, and transmitter status shows battery ok.

What version of xDrip are you using? Check for latest version.

2 Likes

After checking that, maybe check the Huawei with several Bluetooth devices?

1 Like

Okay, I spoke to the Huawei technical support people this morning and I now know that Huawei runs their own modified form of Android and this prevents certain connectivity which a normal version of Android would not and unfortunately for me there is no way they can think of to make it connect with the G6 sensor! Story of my life, sigh!!. But thanks for trying to help.

2 Likes

So sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Ouch, that is a gut punch. WIll they let you exchange it where you purchased. Seems like a good reason.

1 Like

@Darzad Hi! Welcome to FUD!
The new Huawei phones do not run Google Play Services, which is an integral part of xDrip+.

If you can figure out how to sideload Play Services and have it run on your phone you may have a chance of xDrip+ working.

1 Like