How to get xDrip+ to work?

OK… I think I finally found it. Sorry I’m such a pain!

Does this look right?

Yes, that looks right if you set your target glucose at 100. It’s saying you need to take 0.4 units of insulin. But if you’re insulin resistant this is one of those situations that may not make sense to you. If I was told to take .4u I would laugh at them.

In settings>> xDrip+ Display Settings you just need to check show bolus wizard preview and Always sow bolus wizard ) you probably did that if you see it on your screen) Also, for it to work properly you have to set all the parameters in settings>>glucose Units and answer all the questions in settings>>xDrip+ Predictive simulation.

Glad to see you’re making good progress with the app. It looks like your collection rate much better now.

Edit: it looks like your insulin activity is set at 3 hours. Try stretching it out to 5 hours to avoid the bolus calculator from making you stack and yo-yo.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. And yes, I would laugh at a .4 adjustment. My adjustments are in 10s. If you look at the first screenshot I uploaded, you can see what I mean. I ate about 66g of carb for breakfast and ended up taking 76 units to get it back down. I don’t know if it’s the same for you, but I fluctuate in my resistance. Sometimes it takes a lot more, sometimes less for the same amount of carb. I even fluctuate between morning and night. I usually don’t eat breakfast because of it…

Another question… In the prediction, when it says “carbs: 4” does that mean 4 grams?

1 Like

Yes, that’s 4 grams. And you can set different correction factors for different times of day in settings>>xDrip+ prediction settings>>insulin sensitivity

2 Likes

Wow… I just figured out how to do that. Thanks. It’s amazing how much this app does. I wish they would put out a User Manual. Now I gotta get a printer that I can print from my phone on. That way I can take reports to my Doctor…lol

2 Likes

Hey Doc,

Another question…
I’m trying to figure out how to print my “statistics” page and my daily graphs. So far, the only function that I can find is to screenshot it, then email it to myself. The problem is, the image is white print on a black background. When I try and print the image, I get white print on white paper, which is blank. Is there any way to print these things from this app?

1 Like

@pix645q I use an printer app called Printer Share. I got it a while ago and I recall it being expensive for an app, but if you have a WiFi printer it works great.

But emailing or texting a screenshot should work in color. Maybe something in your settings? You can set background colors for everything in settings>>xDrip Display Settings.

2 Likes

Hey @docslotnick,
Things have been going really good for me after all your “tutoring”. I really appreciate your help. However, yesterday I started getting “signal missed” and it’s been like 13 hours now. I changed my sensor recently, but that was almost a week ago. (last Thursday) I’ve been back thru this thread and double checked all my settings but still nothing. The only think I can think of is my transmitter, but it says it is still connecting. I’m on day 157, but I know that folks have been getting around 180. I’ve attached a screenshot of my system status, so if you have any ideas, I’m very interested…

1 Like

Hi @pix645q Its definitely your transmitter. It may be totally failed now by the time you read this. Voltage A and B should be over 300. I’m amazed they’re still working at 221!

Change the transmitter and you’ll be back to normal. Glad it’s been going so well for you!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Doc.

@pix645q This is per JaMorHam, lead developer of xDrip+:

Lower internal resistance means it can push more power and is generally better, that figure can be used to assess some battery health but more usefully the quality of any battery replacement. We mark >1400 resistance as bad, >1000 as questionable and <750 as great. voltage a < 300 is marked as bad, voltage b < 290 is marked as bad

Great, thanks. I noticed the numbers going down, but didn’t really know where the limit was. It was weird that it was still connecting, but not getting readings. Anyway, I put a new transmitter in and it is working great. Thanks for the info…

Hey Doc, I know this is an old thread, but I’ve been trying (unsuccessfully) for 3 weeks to get xdrip working. I have a “refurbished” G5 transmitter (voltage A is 314, B is 304) and I have downloaded the latest xdrip version on my android Motorola Moto Z Force phone multiple times. A few times I have gotten enough readings to calibrate, but it always stops working shortly after it starts. Mostly I can’t even get it to start, or restart. I followed your advice in this thread, and I have read through dozens of posts on multiple threads and toggled the different G5 settings, even restarting my phone after each change, all to no avail. I have even tried using an old phone (samsung note 4) and I also inserted a new sensor, thinking that the problem might be a bad sensor. The best I can get is usually “Received some recent data” but not enough good data to calibrate. Eventually it will time out and no longer show having received recent data. After dozens of attempts, I have gotten enough data to calibrate twice, and this was only after deleting the program and reinstalling it on my phone. So it seems that the transmitter has been able to communicate with the app on the phone, but only for brief periods. Thanks for any help you can offer!

1 Like

@dsten Do you happen to have a new transmitter? Sounds like the refurbished one may be the culprit. Voltages look good but it is certainly possible the radio was damaged during the battery replacement.

Thanks for the quick response!
the only other transmitter I have is a G5 that timed out after the allocated 3+ month window. I don’t know if the battery has enough juice, but I’ll try it just in case, and then order another one.

1 Like

@dsten That transmitter still has plenty of juice. The timeout is purely arbitrary.

1 Like

@docslotnick @dsten I’m not sure if it’s relevant or not, but the latest iteration of XDrip is having frequent BLE drops on my phone too. Usually I toggle the BT on my phone off for 20 seconds then usually the collector restarts. If that doesn’t work after 16 minutes I go to system status>forget device and restart phone. That always works

1 Like

While the timeout is arbitrary, I can’t get my phone’s BT to find my old transmitter. The refurb’d transmitter showed up, but the old one does not. System status shows “scan error: enable bluetooth and try again.”
Unless you have some other idea, it looks like the old transmitter is dead

1 Like