How do I abort an xdrip session and start over?

I have a Dexcom G6 and a new phone which won’t work with G6 app. So I loaded xdrip on my new phone (used “latest release” link which is supposed to give me latest stable release). Went through instruction. It is now warming up, but never made a pairing request. And the dexcom app on the old phone is still working, so I assume that it did not pair successfully and just will not know it until the 2 hours are up. So how do I abort this and start over, and how do I make sure it asks me to pair. Do I need to tweak more settings on my new Moto power?

Thanks Gar

OK, so five minutes before the warmup period was up it asked for permission to pair. Hope it will not always wait that long. So far, after a few adjustments working fine. I had to fine tune alarm setting for the fact that Dexcom gives me low readings due to pressure when I lie down, regardless of where I place the sensor. So to get any sleep I have to set my nightime alarms not to go off unless it his 55, which is really 70. (I know this cause if I get up to use the restroom my reading rise about 15 points from lying down within five to ten minutes, otherwise stays low.) Actually still would be good to know how to restart a failed session for future reference.

3 Likes