How can you access "profile" section in this forum?

Continuing the discussion from New to it, just about a year in:
Hi @bkh and others who might be able to help in this regard.

So I have a profile on this forum that goes into detail about my diabetes history. I can’t figure out an easy way to get to see the whole profile.

@bkh gave some useful but ultimately limited advice when he said:

Click on the profile picture / symbol in any posting. If I hover my mouse cursor over your profile photo in your posting, it shows the link Profile - bostrav59 - FUDiabetes

In my version of the software, doing this brings up the first couple of sentences of my profile, but I can’t figure out how to get to the whole profile.

What am I missing?

thanks

Click on your photo in your posting right here. It shows a pop-up of your basic information. Click on your photo in that pop-up and it brings you to your user page.

1 Like

@bkh There may be other ways to do it, but this works for me.

1. Click on your icon, upper right.
    2.Click on the person icon far right.
  2. Click on Summary.
  3. Click on Profile on the left.

It may be that you are too new for it to show up. When I click on @bostrav59 ‘s avatar I can see his profile and introduction, but not on yours, @bkh. Maybe the site admins can explain,

Perhaps @Eric @Chris or @CatLady will have the answer.

3 Likes

I think that’s the best way, the list you described. :+1:

2 Likes

But why can I see @bostrav59 ‘s profile but not @bkh ‘s?

You can see bkh’s profile, but there’s basically nothing there because I never wrote stories to put there. So pretty much all you see are the web site’s auto-generated badges.

1 Like

As has been mentioned by Eric and others. But putting this here in case someone needs pictures. Here is how you access and add to the Summary section of your profile.

If you add nothing to your summary, nothing will show when someone clicks on your icon . To access your profile, click on your profile picture in the upper right of the interface. Then click on the little person icon on the right hand side of that pop-up window. Then Click Preferences.

After clicking on preferences you should look at the left hand side of the interface and click on Profile

Under profile you can add information you want people to see about you. In my profile you can see I added a link to a post about my son’s diagnosis story. Feel free to add what you would like under that profile box. Anything you post will show up when people click on your icon on the site.

Currenlty @bkh doesn’t have anything in this window which is why you don’t see anything when you click on his icon.

4 Likes

thanks everyone - i think i get it.

1 Like

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

@bostrav59, I don’t think was aimed at you, I am sure the other answers were just fine. I just added the pics because this thread has such a great title, that anyone searching for that search term will now have pictures and the phone app pictures so we don’t have to add more information on it, until of course discourse changes how their UI is set up.

2 Likes

There was no sarcasm at all intended in my terse response above. Just wanted to thank everyone for helping out on this.

@Strat1117 I will take the 5 minute tutorial (after 10 years on this disqus software) and I expect I will learn something.

Building on that (and diverting my own thread for a sec) I find in forums that it is very difficult to express comments in sarcasm, so while I rarely use that rhetorical form, if I do use it, you’ll see a “/s” after the statement.

so, for example:

I’m so upset that Tom Brady is retiring /s.

fwiw

3 Likes

Double post deleted.

Emoji’s also help when you’re being facetious (as I usually am…)

As an added bonus, when you complete the tutorial you get a silver badge AND a certificate, suitable for framing.

:blush:

1 Like

Yeah, emojis work too. I just don’t think of using them, and often I actually don’t know what they mean.

Is there an emoji for sarcastic?

I’m so upset that Tom Brady is retiring :upside_down_face:

[a few seconds later] I guess i really don’t think of using emojis, because I just got the following notification from @discobot

4 Likes

or…

I’m so upset that Tom Brady is retiring :roll_eyes:

2 Likes