Please fill your profile and follow us on Twitter @FUDiabetes!

Filling your profile is really helpful because everyone can get context on your questions, and answer them better! It also makes it more likely for people to reply to your threads, because they get the feeling that are connecting to someone.

This is how to do it:

• Please assign a picture or an icon to your profile instead of the default letter! For that, (a) click on your icon, (b) select the gear icon, then © upload a new profile picture

• Please update your username to reflect the username you want to be known as on the community. For that, (a) click on your icon, (b) select the gear icon, then © edit your username.

• Please pick the appropriate “connection to diabetes” section in your profile if you have not already done so: (a) click on you icon, (b) select the gear icon, © click “profile” on the vertical left-side menu, then (d) scroll down to the “Connection to diabetes” field and select from the dropdown menu

• Please fill your personal “About me” profile section using the following format for the first line:
    Relationship to diabetes | Dx date and age at Dx| Dexcom/Pump/MDI?| More details if any| Diet
    For that, (a) click on your icon, (b) select the gear icon, © click “profile” on the vertical left-side menu, then (d) fill the first line of the “About me” section

• If possible, please use the 2nd line of your profile for a link to your own diabetes story in the “Me” subsection of the “Share” category. Insert the link using the hyperlink symbol in the menu above it.

• If possible, please write your own diabetes story in the “My Story” subsection of the “Share” category at Share/My Story

• Please fill your location. For that, (a) click on your icon, (b) select the gear icon, © click “profile” on the vertical left-side menu, then (d) scroll down and fill the “Location” field

• Finally, please update your title to reflect your connection to diabetes, to make it easier for other members to connect with you. To do that, (a) click on your icon, (b) select the gear icon, © click on the edit icon (pencil) next to your title and select your connection to diabetes as your title from the drop-down. Please note that it will take a minute or two for this to become an option once you have selected your connection to diabetes.

Note: again, your profile can be accessed by clicking on your own icon, in the upper right-hand part of the page. If you have any trouble, contact a moderator to help you!

As an example, this is what my “card” (what you get when you clock on someone’s picture) looks like:

And, last but not least, if you are on Twitter, don’t forget to follow @FUDiabetes!

2 Likes

Who IS that handsome devil?

1 Like

…just now signing up for “Twitter”. :smiley: The things FUD has me doing that I thought I’d never do…

1 Like

Twitter? What is Twitter? I think I might have heard that term before, but never investigated. I am old fart, so there’s that :cheeky:

I just never signed up for it because I found it pointless. But to support FUDiabetes, I’ve signed up for it!

1 Like

I am not able to assign a picture. Where do I click to do that? I joined

2 Likes

You were able to do so, way to go!! I am so glad to see you join!

2 Likes

FU Diabetes!!!

4 Likes

Hey Anthony, welcome to FUD. I think I remember your profile image from TuD. You got the omnipod through your company insurance via the company-wide exemption, is that right?

Hello! Yes its me! I like this site a lot - just found it. FU-D just sounds so right to me… more so than Tu whatever.

7 Likes

That’s great glad you found us! How did you find us?

I was doing a google search on Dexcom and Apple Watch.

5 Likes

i like the title of the site :slight_smile: …sounds fitting

5 Likes

For Unlimited Diabetics! :wink:

Welcome @amymc! Please drop by and introduce yourself!

Also, feel free to share your story with us!

2 Likes

i did the introduce myself thread…will go over to share your story with us now

2 Likes

Awesome, sorry I missed it then! Welcome to FUD!

2 Likes

thanks!

Me, too!!!

I truly thought the FU stood for something else, whoops! :laughing:

4 Likes

The double entendre (sp) was intentional. :smiley:

3 Likes