Holiday Weekend/ What Will You Be Eating?

So, another Holiday has arrived. some of us are sad to see the summer go and the new season to begin, and some of us are just relieved. the weather has been changing here in Brooklyn, and it seems that all in all, it is much more comfortable. no more sweaty, terribly painful humid days.

but back to the main point: how will you be spending your holiday weekend and what are your plans for stuffing your mouth with all the fun party foods and drinks?

(and we all know that Eric will be drinking beer, because, whats new? :wink: )

I plan on 2nds, 3rds, and probably 4ths…

3 Likes

Well, I started the partying early tonight with hot dogs that were meant for next week because…well, I’d had a ridiculously difficult and stressful day, and hot dogs were the easiest/quickest thing to cook in my house.

But we’ll be having some form of BBQ (ribs or chicken), potato salad, which is still kind to my BG levels, and some veggies at some point this weekend (hubby is actually working almost the entire weekend, boo). There will probably be ice cream involved somewhere in there…and lots of chocolate (again, stressful day/week).

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Gochujang BBQ Ribs

Ohhhhh, that looks amazing. Might have to try that next time we do ribs.

Everybody was here for The Eclipse and we ate lotsa burgers and dogs! Nobody around this weekend but coffee and pastry Saturday per usual after the farmers’ market.
:coffee::doughnut:

2 Likes

chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate…oh yeah, and milk with Ovaltine :blush:

(and maybe some chocolate chip cookies )

2 Likes

BLTs–our tomatoes are ripening nicely in this warm weather! :tomato:

2 Likes

I was just discussing low carb BLT options and came up with this … can’t wait to make some today.

Large leaf lettuce -Romaine/ big Butter lettuce (to use as the wrap for the sandwich)
Bacon
Tomato
Avocado
Cheese
Salsa (a little for a little zip!)

Roll and enjoy!!

3 Likes

That’s actually the “LBTACS”, little known cousin to the BLT…
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha! I’m surprised no one has comment on my double entendre “Roll and enjoy”! :smirk:

2 Likes

do you mean, “roll it”, and it’s “a roll” after you roll it?

1 Like

Yep!

very clever :wink: enjoy!

1 Like

Let me get this straight @daisymae, you must like CHOCOLATE

2 Likes

yup. i live for chocolate. i like dark chocolate, but not super dark (b/c then it no longer tastes like chocolate)

Chocolate is a fruit and a vitamin (Vitamin CH) as far as I am concerned!

3 Likes

what is vitamin CH ? or are you just goofing?

i took your advice and over-bolused for my holiday meal. thank god that the chocolate i like was not only in stock, but on sale :wink:

Definitely goofing: “Vitamin CH” is just another good reason in our family to eat chocolate (as if I needed another reason)! :smile_cat:

1 Like