What are you eating today?

What are you eating today?

I’m making ribs, just like the Pilgrims did with the Indians on the very first July 4th in 1621. :grin:

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

1 Like

@Eric That looks good :yum:

I’m throwing caution to the wind and will have a hot dog WITH the bun.

1 Like

I think I am going to eat low-carb for the rest of the day and just have ribs.

Well, I’ll have beer too. But that doesn’t count because it’s not eating, it’s drinking, so those carbs don’t really count at all.

2 Likes

Going with Beef Stroganoff over noodles.

2 Likes

Grilled BBQ pork chops, green beans and tomato & mozzarella salad! :sun_with_face: :plate_with_cutlery:

2 Likes

Ditto! Good old ribs…can never go wrong with them. They were SO good.

1 Like

Finally got hot dogs, beans, and cole slaw for dinner–yum!!

1 Like

burger on a brioche bun, hugh plate of guacamole with corn chips and french fries; all with a grotesque amount of ketchup and salt and lot of napkins :blush: .

Yesterday I had cheesecake for lunch. But it’s not my fault. Somebody from New York sent it to me, so I had to eat it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Friday my husband “cooks” at the grocery store and brings home Buffalo style wings. :chicken:

1 Like

i saw this pics. unbelievable to me how anyone could eat as much as eric. i don’t think he is really a D; i think he’s a spy. :wink:

today i am having one of my favorite meals from Bare Burger:

rare hamburger on a brioche bun with a basket of well done french fries, and a large order of guacamole with multi colored corn chips and a bottle of ketchup.

( i am never comfortable bolusing for so much fatty and greasy and high carb foods; but it is so good that i persisted over a year to figure out the right bolus combo for my pump: 75grc 25/75 % dual bolus for 3 hours. it is so worth it :blush:)

You figured me out. I am not a diabetic, I just hang out here because the people are very nice and friendly. It’s a good place to be.

this meal is a specialty meal. it is not something we do every week. maybe once a month or two (or 3 :wink:). but i really enjoy it when we do. and if i do go high, i just correct and move on. if i am under 200, i feel like its been a success. and btw, i only eat a couple of the fries, 'cause my husband eats them so fast that i cant quite keep up :blush: .

it is a good place to be; certainly beats the S out of the TuD site. (i had to get the F out of there. that Marie B was making me nuts) :wink:

1 Like

No, @Eric is really a frustrated podiatrist who flunked out of his endo residency because he had such crazy ideas about diabetes treatment. He thought that PWD’s should be unlimited, but all of his profs insisted that they were sick people.

Yeah, that’s the ticket :cheeky:

1 Like

1 Like

snort snort, giggle giggle

just got home from Bare Burger dinner. yummy yummy, but too much walking caused me to crash big time. oh no, must eat chocolate now!!!. :wink:

Out of curiosity, what do you consider a crash?