What are you eating today?

its all relevant. it could be going from 200 down to 100 w/in a short period of time (1/2 hour)

but generally, i consider it a crash when i am below 50 and i can feel that i am still going down.

which is what happened tonight. and after all the carbs i shoved down my gullet, i am just coming up and am in a nice target range of 85. phew. (and i still have the 3 hour extended bolus on board )

Well if it is the extended bolus as opposed to the IOB (insulin on board) then it has not yet been delivered and you could choose to cancel it. I guess you have to decide if you think that carbs have just not hit yet and are slowly doing their thing or if it was not too much insulin from the get go.

i think that the carbs are just beginning to hit and do their thing. i dont want to shut off the extended bolus. i think i will need it. always have with this particular high carb meal. i think i was just in the midst of a crash when i was taking my insulin. perhaps i could have done a longer square bolus with less up front (maybe 20/80 over 4 hours instead)

more will be revealed… :blush:

i had a nice bowl of cereal for breakfast and had a bowl of chili for dinner with a little bit of coke. then ill have a snack before bed so i dont go low

1 Like