Getting started with G6 & xdrip

Thank you…Have to look in to a new watch then.

What sony watch best to use for reading with out carrying a phone.

Sony Smartwatch 3

I just got the Ticwatch C2 and I can see the xdrip on my phone and watch but it is not connecting to my Dexcom G6. It did for a minute then stopped reading it. So I took it off the phone and started again thinking it was something not working correctly. Now it will not read at all and my dexcom app is working fine. Very strange since I have the option to download the dexcom app to the watch but it just reads “check dexcom CGM on mobile device”. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi @acimler and welcome! I’m sure several of our resident XDrip experts like @docslotnick will be along soon. In the meantime, several things you can check.

On your phone, its either the Dexcom app OR XDrip - not both

If you use XDrip, go to Settings>hardware sources> and check G5/G6

Then in settings>G5/G6 Debug Settings, check OB1 collector.
Scroll down in same menu as OB1 Collector, and check G6 Support.

It’s my understanding as a G5 user that those settings cure many of the G6 woes.

If you need any other help, don’t be shy…there is plenty of help here.

1 Like

I would prefer to use the dexcom app since it is supposed to work and it shows up on my phone but gives me the check your mobile device deal. Why is that? Even when I did not have xdrip set up. I just want to see my BGL on the watch so I don’t have to carry my phone into a room when I see patients. I am a nurse practitioner and this it the 3rd watch I have tried in 2 weeks. Kinda getting frustrated and want something to work.

I did try everything you mentioned above and still nothing.

@acimler 2 things I can point you to as I only have experience with the Huawei Watch2.

Preferred watches with XDrip - there might be more now as I have seen mentioned on other threads here the Tizen OS watches now?

XDRIP Watch BT patches

Smartwear / Xdrip user integration

Thank you I will look at them!

I am also new to xdrip+ I finally figured out how to download the app but after entering my transmitter number and starting my sensor it keeps asking me for calibrations. Geeze, I have entered 8 calibrations and I am feeling like a pin cushion. What is wrong?

1 Like

@docslotnick and fellow X Drip experts - Hi there!

I am a neophyte and don’t know where to get the download for XDrip. I did read the above thread; I must say it’s all foreign to me. Would you, or any of the other resident experts on X Drip point me in the direction of the XDrip download ? It does not seem to be on the Google play store. My phone is a Google pixel 2. I want to start by downloading the app and getting comfortable before I enter transmitter ID and using it. Currently I am using the G6 app. Clarity is installed on my phone too. I will uninstall the G6 once I’m more comfortable with the X Drip.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding of my lack of tech savviness.

2 Likes

I noticed that you checked both G6 and G5, in the photo above; that is “I am using a G6 sensor” and “Scan for G5 constantly”.
I am using a G6. @docslotnick and @MM2 Do i have to check “Scan for G5 constantly”? I apologize for needing so much handholding.

@lh378 You might, but before you do that make sure your Bluetooth AND location are set to on in your phone’s settings.

1 Like

Bluetooth and location are both on.

@lh378 Any luck yet with receiving your readings in xDrip+? I only mentioned Bluetooth and location because they seemed to be off from the entries in your logs. Location is a very frequent problem.

1 Like

My location is always on, so is the Bluetooth.

I may wait a few more days (for a total of 14 days) to get enough data for the Clarity 14 day report before attempting to uninstall Dexcom G6/reinstall X Drip

@lh378 Do you have a Dexcom receiver? If you do you can use that for Clarity uploads and delete the Dexcom app, then just put the transmitter and sensor info into xDrip+ and it should start up in a couple of minutes.
Just make sure you have a USB cable, like the green Dexcom cable, and a computer with the Clarity Uploader installed (available at Dexcom.com).

1 Like

It’s working!

There are a million questions that I have!

2 Likes

Hi Doc

Great success with G6 and xdrip+ on my android phone.

Is SW3 still working for you? I have a new SW3 with all the updates (multiple restarts), Wear OS on the phone shows synced to the watch, but the xdrip app will not transfer to the watch.

I have all of the settings as above. Does this still work?

Many thanks

2 Likes

@Icewiz Yes, the SW3 actually works flawlessly. The only problem I have encountered is that with the newer versions of the Wear app, it sometimes takes several days before the watch picks it up. I had that problem last time I had to reset my watch and reconnect it. All of a sudden, after three days, it finally showed up. Make sure that you have location, bluetooth an wifi set to “on” on the watch, and in xDrip+ make sure that in Android settings on your phone to set “enable” for the watch.

And welcome to FUD!

3 Likes

Thanks Doc

When you say “picks it up”, do you mean show up? I have no indication in the watch that xdrip exists.

1 Like