From Swimming To Running; Adjusting to the Pandemic

What I don’t like about it is that you have to slide it on and off, it does not open up to allow you to put it on. At least the old one I have.

They might have made a new one that has a closure device, like a clip or something. But the one I have is just not the easiest to put on or take off.

3 Likes

Yep, you are right, there is no clasp. I didn’t think about that! It just seems like there is more fabric that could heat up quickly!

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

And, wow, your run was perfectly in range!! Post run, too!! I love seeing your great results! Thanks so much for sharing! :heart: :running_woman:

4 Likes

Thanks so much. me too!!

and just to report, I never ended up spiking at all. My night went well, although I had a few lows, but I still kept my basal at 100%. I had to take quite a few Gtabs to bring my BGs back up, so at 12am my BG was 125; I did a correction bolus of .4 units and was right back on track.

Here are my evening stats:

5pm BG 83
6pm BG 89
6:45 BG 84 bolused for dinner (ICR 1:12 maybe a little too much insulin since it was after a workout)
7:50 BG 55 took 2 tabs
9:15 BG 67 took 1 Gtab and some cheese
10:20 BG 65 took 2 GTabs and went to bed.
12am BG 125 bolused .4units and went back to sleep.
5:50am BG 86 bolused for breakfast (30gms)

not bad at all :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, ur telling me!!! so glad I did the 60% and glad I didn’t do the 50% yet. probably soon though :grin:

3 Likes

I agree! Almost like you are normal!! :wink: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Just like when I was swimming; when my body is in motion I am no longer diabetic :rofl:

4 Likes

MY FIRST SOLO RUN WITHOUT MY HUSBAND:

Today the heat was brutal and the humidity was killer. There was no opportunity for shade anywhere. I was absolutely soaked and sunburned by the end. ( just bought some suntan spray for my next outing)

there were very few people out on the peers, so that was a nice perk, bc I didn’t have to keep my mask up for the entire time. Breathing was MUCH easier. My app on my iPhone is unreliable, but its telling me that I “ran” 9 miles. I was out for approximately 2 hours. I don’t know if that is a pathetically slow jog or not. I’ll leave that to Eric for commentary :rofl: I can say this, though, I am exhausted but I got that endorphin thing going so I am “high” as a kite!

here are todays stats:
10:15am BG 100 turned down basal to 60%
11:30 BG 105 had 1 Wheat Thin and headed out
12pm, BG 113 (why so high???)
12:30 BG 107
1pm BG 85 took 1/2 Gtab and turned my basal back up to 100%
1:30 BG 66 took 1/2 tab and bolused for 16gms of refuel carbs.

i didn’t have 2 Boost Shakes left in the fridge so I could only drink one. (I reordered them from AMAZON 2 nights ago and hopefully they will arrive shortly)

its now 3:10pm, and I have not spiked yet. But, we’ll c what happens later.of course I will report and keep u in the loop.

the other thing I wanted to mention is that I was trying out a new pair of running shoes today, and they totally stunk. no support at all. I had bought them online and they belong in the trash :grimacing:

signing out,
DM

4 Likes

Another day of great numbers! Yay!! I think 9 miles in 2 hours mixed with speed walking is fantastic, especially in this heat with no shade! Btw, do you carry water with you? In this heat, you probably should be drinking to stay hydrated.

If I spike from a run, it will always begin within a few minutes after run end. YDMV though!

4 Likes

YES!!! Always. And there is a fountain on the peer where I can refill my water bottle. (phew, cause I drink a LOT of water.) I sweat like a pig in this heat, so water is a MUST!

I used the same “formula” today as I did the other day: I raise my basal rate back up when I was about 30 minutes before finishing my workout. Then I drink gallons of water and bolus for my refuel. I don’t drink my refuel until its been a full hour after I have turned my basal back up. This seemed to work well the other day, and so far today it is working as well :grin: :+1:

I just wanted to put something out there:
I have found that the more water I drink the more accurate my CGM is.

does anyone else have this happen to them?

4 Likes

My finger stick read 66; my CGM read this. Pretty close!

4 Likes

I have seen others mention this, too. I myself have nit observed this, but I am not overly observant either! :frowning:

3 Likes

Silly! 113 is not “so” high! And if you if it was lower, you would have had less fuel and would’ve crashed!

Your numbers look great!

Make sure you buy from places that let you try them and return them. Some shoe companies give you 30 days to decide, and you can still return them!

Check out Nike’s 30 day return policy!
https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/help/free-returns

If you run fast enough you won’t get a sunburn because the sun’s rays won’t be able to catch you.

3 Likes

Yes! Read this:
figure-out-your-sweat-loss

3 Likes

Very Helpful but a bit confusing for my wee brain. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think that this is fabulous, but I was hoping to order from New Balance, and their policy is not so friendly. You may only return UNWORN items within 60 days (extension return due to COVID-19) :grimacing:

I’ve never owned a pair of NIKE shoes so I havent a clue as to which size to order, and BTW, returning during this pandemic is a nightmare, even though NIKE seems to make it sound very easy. Trust me on this one bc I have ordered from NIKE already, and to get to a representative either by phone or by online chat takes HOURS. (and although they are VERY kind and helpful, you must provide your own shipping package, one each for each separate item (u cannot put everything in one box…which would be the obvious choice!) :grimacing: :rage:

2 Likes

ANOTHER IMPORTANT QUESTION (for women):

I wear the FSLibre on the back side of my upper left arm. Very comfy there. However, although I was able to find a proper fitting sports bra, I am having a terrible time putting it on and taking it off after my workout (fear of knocking the sensor off my arm while squeezing through the sopping wet bra).

Any other ladies out there have similar issues? Please chime in EVERYONE, bc I need some tips!!! :pleading_face: :heartbeat:

PS:

my husbands surgery and biopsy came back today, and he is Cancer Free!!! (we are over the moon with gratitude and relief!!!)

9 Likes

Great news!! :heart:

4 Likes

Fantastic News! No bra tips from me.

4 Likes

@daisymae So glad your husband is fine! Phew, what a relief!

4 Likes