Dexcom G6 Apps - help needed!

I would very much appreciate the help in troubleshooting X Drip setup; I don’t know where to begin :thinking:.

ETA:
My sensor was inserted on 8/8. If I uninstall the XDrip and reinstall the X Drip and use today as the sensor start date, is it going to make my sensor stop working? One of the messages is:

“Cannot rewind sensor start time beyond 8/14…”

I don’t think the start date that you used is the problem. I also had to learn a lot about xdrip before I got it working on my LG v30 phone last year. I think the message about rewind is that xdrip will try to retrieve stored data from the transmitter but can’t go back to 8/8.

In the settings menu / double check that the transmitter id is correct. Then examine the “G5/G6 Debug settings”. I have check marks for “Use the OB1 Collector”, “Native Algorithm”, “Minimize Scanning”, “G6 Support”, “Allow OB1 unbonding”, and “Allow OB1 initiate bonding”. Do not check “restart sensor” and “preemtive restarts” with a 8M and newer transmitters.

Then be patient for 15 minutes. If it’s not working, you can try the “restart Collector” button on the (classic) system status page, or reboot your phone.

I’ve been very happy with xdrip since I started using it compared to the Dexcom app.

Also there is a lot of info on the web, but it can be challenging to find what you need when you need it. I’ll suggest that you start with this page…
https://androidaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/EN/Configuration/xdrip.html#xdrip-dexcom-g6
You might skip down to the xDrip+ & Dexcom G6 section.

Ray

1 Like

@lh378 1. Did you run the Source setup wizard and choose G6?

1. Did you start the sensor?

In any event, your transmitter does not seem to be properly connected to xDrip. If you didn’t run the Source Wizard, try doing that first.

Also, make sure Bluetooth and Location are turned on in your phone’s settings.

2 Likes

Did you do a start sensor in xDrip?

Once it was paired in bluetooth, and had transmitter code, I thought it would read transmitter without needing a start command from xDrip.

@bkh You may be right. I always start the sensors with both the Dexcom receiver and xDrip+ simultaneously.

1 Like

Yes for #1 and #2. Sensor was started on 8/8.
I inputted the date as 8/8/20. Therefore I am at a loss as to the reason that it’s not working.

I have not re installed X Drip yet. Which is the correct XDrip version for transmitters beginning with “8M”?

@lh378 I would strongly recommend that you use the latest nightly version.

1 Like

When running native mode, and sensor was already started, then xDrip just needs to read transmitter already collecting data. Before G6, without native, then the xDrip start with backdate would work.

My xDrip shows sensor started 3/17/2020, 149 days ago ! My tandem pump did “real” start and shows Aug 14 when I did restart via pump.

1 Like

My suggestion is to uninstall xDrip.
Re-install latest version.
Update xDrip transmitter id.
Confirm blue tooth connection to transmitter in phone status and xDrip status. Data source should show G6 Native.

confirm event log for messages.
Wait for readings. May take 10-15 minutes.
Do not start sensor in xDrip.
If you also have receiver, monitor that eventually xDrip reads same as receiver.

2 Likes

What is meant by “Native”?

With G4,G5 and early G6, xDrip could read the raw transmitter data and determine BG, sometimes more accurate than dexcom logic. Gradually dexcom put more smarts into transmitter to prevent this. So telling xDrip Native mode means to take same BG number that dexcom sends to app/receiver.

1 Like

Assuming you have access to this, in lounge.

https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/xdrip-settings-wiki/

1 Like

My search skills are a bit weak☹️. Thank you for sharing the link! I took a quick look - lots of information.

@MM2 thank you! I am connected to XDrip!
@docslotnick - I will likely have many more questions!

2 Likes