Dexcom G6+ (14 day) with Xdrip - accuracy issues

Hi All

Has anyone used xDrip with Dexcom G6+ transmitter/sensor? The transmitter SN is 22xxxx or 23xxxx.

We have successfully connected to xDrip (nightly build - 16/01/2020) but accuracy is way out and reading are all over the place. we are starting to regret the swap from G4.

One last thing, the temperature reported by xDrip is always near -80. What does this mean for the readings?

1 Like

Interesting. I say this because the G6 has been far more accurate for us than the G5. Not more robust, and they don’t last as long, but much more accurate.

Have you checked the algorithm settings? These posts discuss that issue:

Welcome to FUD by the way. Glad you found us.

@Dugald Go into settings>G5/G6 Debug Settings and check “Native Algorithm”. This sets xDrip+ to use the the internal Bg readings from the transmitter, exactly what the Dexcom app or receiver get.

If after doing this if you still have accuracy issues it’s dexcom’s problem, not xDrip+

“Has anyone used xDrip with Dexcom G6+ transmitter/sensor? The transmitter SN is 22xxxx or 23xxxx.”

Are you in US? Is G6+ a newer transmitter version for G6? SN 22xx or 23xx is new to me.

1 Like

Hi All
Thanks for the welcome.
I have Native set, maybe it is just the sensors itself. I have read a lot about how accurate the G6 is. I’m hoping that its just a sensor issue, but with a 14 day lifespan, its a long time to wait.
@MM2, I’m in South Africa. We seem to be ahead on this one. Yes, it is a newer version that has 14 day lifespan. Great in principle, but very limited official phone compatibility.

1 Like

If you’re getting readings the problem could be the sensor. but if you’re getting readings the problem is not the transmitter.

1 Like