Dexcom G4/G5 transmitter battery replacement

A post was merged into an existing topic: xDrip for iOS?

Heh - I read that and thought, “fear, uncertainty, and doubt” ?? “What? Oh - about the impending end of Dexcom supporting G5?” Then thought a second an thought, “Oh, that’s it - the forum name!”

Anyway, I currently have G5 and my endo is trying to find out how to get Edgepark or someone else to do G6 (my Anthem plan is Pence’s Medicaid backed Indiana plan). I’m looking at the DexcomG5Rechargable service (Facebook) Does it make sense to get it?

Now that Dexcom is no longer selling the G5 transmitters, one would think that there are “only” going to be selling the sensors for another 6 months at most. Unless there are people out there who have “old unused G5 transmitters” that will manage to hold their power for longer than 6 months - and Dexcom cares enough about these users. But Edgepark may also have a inventory of the sensors which could last a while.

1 Like

I don’t understand. You should be able to get G6 from Edgepark, the same as G5. The prescription switch should be simple.

1 Like

Not here. :slight_smile: “FUD = For Unlimited Diabetics” – we know no fear, uncertainty or doubt…BUT IF WE DO…we come here and quickly have those things removed from our daily happiness factor meters. We focus on the positives here and try not whine and cry about how tough diabetics have it…everyone already knows that. :smiley:

:smiley:

As far as the transition, as @Eric indicated, it should be as simple as a prescription switch. Our next prescription cycle, we’re switching to the G6 ourselves. We haven’t had the conversation yet with the Endo but I envision it going something like this…“G5 is gone as you know and we’re being forced to go to the G6. As such, I need our prescriptions updated so that I can get supplies from Dexcom/Edgepark when needed.”

Hope it’s that simple. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Only 2 phone calls! Still can’t believe how easy it was for me!

3 Likes

@ClaudnDaye I just sent my Endo a msg and referenced the G5 letter from Dexcom. She said to just border as normal and she would authorize the change to G6 when contacted from Byram. Easy Peasy. We will see. I contacted Byram Monday, they said 2 days for benefits confirmation, another day or two to get the paperwork in order and I should see the G6 equipment Monday-ish. Time will tell

3 Likes