Cookies!

I love to bake and decorate Christmas cookies. Lots of sugar and flour doesn’t really go over well with my blood sugar but I will up the insulin a bit to cover a few cookies…not going to give up baking and enjoying the holidays :slight_smile:

Moderation is so much better than deprivation…one a day, and lots to give away
and some funny

(update) I dont want to jinx myself but the last 2 days have been really amazing for numbers

15 Likes

Those are a work of art: almost too pretty to eat!! :yum:

6 Likes

Thanks…it really is so fun decorating them

5 Likes

Those look awesome! Agree with @CatLady, they are almost too pretty to eat…key word there, though was “almost”!

8 Likes

I love cookie monster!

4 Likes

Those look FANTASTIC!

5 Likes

Very impressive. Love how you do the holly leaves.

4 Likes

OMG, the lamps are awesome! “Fragile, must be Italian”…

3 Likes

a major award! LOL

3 Likes

@3cTim,
Can you share a recipe?

2 Likes

my favorite for cutouts:

Christmas Spice Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups flour

cream butter and sugar untill fluffy, beat in eggs one at a time followed by vannilla. in a separate bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. fold the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture about a cut at a time until all is added. divide the dough into 4 equal pieces , flatten to a disc about 6 or so inches across, wrap in plastic and refrigerate the dough a few hours to overnight. when ready to bake heat oven to 375. take out on of the dough discs and roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick, cut with your favorite cookie cutter, place on parchment lined cookie sheet , leave about 1 - 2 inches between cookies , bake in middle rack of oven about 8 min, they should just be slightly looking browned on the bottoms they will still be very soft, let cool a few min on the cookie sheet then using a spatula transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool…decorate as desired

4 Likes

Thanks @3cTim!

Are these good for doing intricate cutouts? Like will they hold the shape of the cutout and not spread too much. And are they firm enough to hold the shape after baking?

I don’t like smushy cookies for shapes. :grinning:

2 Likes

Keeping the remaining dough chilled while you roll out a batch and not reusing a warm sheet pan until it’s completely cooled ought to keep the cookies from spreading/smushing!

6 Likes

they will be a good firm cookie but they do spread a bit, when I want them to not spread at all I omit the baking soda and be sure to keep the dough chilled as much as possible, also adding about 1/4 cup more flour will add some more body to the dough to add firmness to finished cookie

update that I forgot…replace 1/2 cup of the flour with cornstarch will further add to good sharp edges and no spread, if you do this method then dont also do the additional 1/4 cup flour

6 Likes

good point, I always seem to get impatient and reuse a warm pan…but cold is always best

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips @3cTim and @CatLady! I will be working on this a little bit next week.

4 Likes

a few new

11 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

You are a cookie artist!! :paintbrush:

3 Likes

Please tell me that you spent all day decorating those! They’re awesome!
Mine always come out wonky, no matter how long I take!

3 Likes