Combined years?

Well, I owe the first round of beer at the next FUDiabetes meetup I guess :slight_smile:

If we get to 1,000 combined years, I will buy every beer for the first night of the meetup!

1 Like

If Iā€™m able to make it, youā€™ll save money on meā€¦I canā€™t stand beer. blek. :smiley:

1 Like

You and I will drink diet sodas :slight_smile: And our wives will drink wine.

You know Diet Sodaā€™s are worse for you than regular sodas, right? How about a girly drink for me? Something fruity to match my personality! :smiley:

OK. milk for you and a diet soda for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll drink wineā€¦ or bourbon

This

37 here and 11 for my daughter :cheeky:

3 Likes

@crazy_catslady, you and your daughter are getting me closer to the full first night beverage bill faster than I thought :slight_smile:

Was your daughter diagnosed as an infant or a child? My T1D son is 12.

My daughter dxd at 2, I was dxd at 3. Way back!

1 Like

@rgcainmd has a daughter exactly your age I think. Do you see a lot of hormone peaks?

We have a lively community of parents of T1D kids ā€“ itā€™ s great to see you join us! Each age has its difficulties, and teens carry their challenges for sure.

Possibly you may consider writing up your diabetes story in Share/My Story? Many of our kids find reading about the stories of adults who have had diabetes since they were children really inspiring. I know mine does. He is on the forum btw.

Will do later on!

We have been sugar surfing and using insulin boldly. Her A1c is great.

2 Likes

That is GREAT!

We are also sugar surfing and bold insulin users, Dexcom/MDI. We have been heavily challenged by drastic hormone peaks in the past 4 months though.

@crazy_catslady, did you notice we have a founder whose name is @CatLady?

1 Like

Teehee, 6 cats but only 3 years to add to the total. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Daisy Mae here; i have 30+ years as T1 D. thats got to count for something :wink:

4 Likes

288 and countingā€¦a lovely number.

1 Like

We have more years of experience than USA does as a country nowā€¦

2 Likes

With my 42 years (plus a couple months), that makes 330.

4 Likes

26 years as of later this month, so that makes 356.

2 Likes