Combined years?

A while ago I was trying to get some information about a new BG meter, and had a few issues getting straight answers from the company. Their rep assured me how great their company was, and as a selling point told me, “We have almost 100 combined years of diabetes among our staff”.

I laughed really hard at that. Me and just about any 2 other people have almost 100 combined years!

It got me to thinking, what are the combined years here? When we get to over 500 years amongst our members, Michel promised to buy a few rounds of beer for everyone. (I may have made up that last part…)

Let’s add them up.

I’ll start. I have 45 years.

2 Likes

12 is coming up soon for me.

1 Like

I’ll buy the beer! We have almost one. That’s a total of 58 so far!

1 Like

Nearly one here!

1 Like

Just passed our 1 year mark. Not much help. Sorry!!

1 Like

No problem. No matter the contribution, you still get the beer. :beer:

We are 1.5 years here. I will buy the second round!

2 Likes

2 for me

2 Likes

22 for me.

1 Like

Coming up on 46 in a couple days. Just feels like yesterday. Where does the time go?

2 Likes

Dang! Doc you got me on seniority by 10 months. And no matter how hard I try, I can never catch you. :smiley:

If just the two of us start a BG meter company, we can say “We have almost 100 combined years of diabetes among our staff”.
:joy:

2 Likes

We are up to 132 combined years so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s do it! So in 50 years we’ll be able to say “we have almost 200 combined years of diabetes among our staff”
:wink:

3 Likes

Interestingly my graduate school lab created the technology for the freestyle meter and we had 0 years of combined diabetes experience. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I am sure it would be better with you two helping.

3 Likes

8 Likes

3 years here.

5 years… I’m a greenhorn

1 Like

How many years combined have we been banned?

1 Like

34 years…beer please! One for each year. Thanks!

4 Likes

Not bad we are 207! and counting

1 Like