Bluejay GTS won't turn on

I’m not sure about software version… would probably need to be able to lower the watch up to check. Also pretty unfamiliar with how to update it, etc

The perplexing thing is how is the battery wearing itself down when the watch appears to be completely dead

To check the version, just tap the lower left option that looks like an item list.
This will show you the MAC address and the version number.
To update it, you need to notify them that you want an update.
I did it before by posting on gitter. https://gitter.im/jamorham/BlueJay? I just asked for new firmware and posted the last 6 of my MAC address.
But I am pretty sure the best way is to email them directly. support @ bluejay.website
Send over your MAC address and ask for an updated firmware.
I think the GTS watch is over the 23xx numbers for current firmware right now.

After that, you do nothing. They will send it to your specific watch based on your MAC address. They are not always the fastest. Or at least haven’t been for me in the past.
I think the support email would be the best route anyways now that they have that setup.

Interesting. I’m not dude how that works as my watch doesn’t pair to my phone, connect to wifi, or any other connectivity than just the cgm…. Do you have it connected to an android phone? I think it lacks some features for iPhone users

That would be a good thing to post on the discussion board. A LOT of people see that, and someone would probably have good advice.

Looks like all android talk at a glance… pretty foreign to me. Also see some talk about it not being waterproof. I’ve definitely had mine in the water, but that was like 6 weeks ago and had no problems until recently

I wash mine in the sink when it gets dirty. I scrub it with soap and water. I do this at least once a week,
I haven’t submersed it though.

As for connectivity.
You might have to be more creative.
But why not post on there and ask. Can’t imagine that someone hasn’t done this already.

Thanks, I’ll try to figure it out how to post when I get to a real computer eventually

Send an email to support anyway. Maybe they have another solution for you?
Also tell the about the not turning on issue.
This is not a new issue for them. They may have other insight.

Also, a super cheap/old used phone would do the trick for you. No need for cellular connection, just wifi.
You probably know someone that has one sitting in a drawer somewhere that would work (heck I probably have a couple that I would give you.)

Any leads on replacement bands? Mine is about torn through.

The freezing issue hasn’t happened again lately though

Any 20mm smart watch band should fit. Here’s what I bought, works well:
Amazon.com: 2PACK AHXLL Nylon bands compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm 40mm/Active 40mm/Galaxy Watch 3 41mm/ Galaxy Watch 4 40mm 44mm /Galaxy Watch 5 Pro 45mm, 20mm Stretchy Sport Loop Breathable Wristband (Black+Army Green) : Cell Phones & Accessories

2 Likes

Here is my latest band.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095KH2D4R

1 Like

Btw, I have been wearing this last band for about 9 months now.
I get my watch dirty, muddy, GREASY, etc. So I really put some wear on them, and the bands.
I like the silicone bands because I can easily just clean them with same dawn dish soap in the sink, and let it dry real quick.

1 Like

I put a lot of wear and tear on mine too… I just ordered a cheap silicone one (it’s in my dna) we’ll see how it holds up. What I didn’t like about the original is that with the multiple rows of holes it was easy to put the nub into an off center hole

1 Like

I’m really enjoying my BlueJay watch!! So nice not to be so completely tethered to the G6 phone app. :smiley_cat:

Thanks for the link—I agree! :+1:t3:

4 Likes