WKFUD, the all-dedication line

For @Jen I hope you “Get The Balance Right:sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Funny and bittersweet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am sure my sons (who don’t know how to deal with a rotary phone) have no idea of what these are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, now this proves it. You spent far too much time in the 70’s in disco’s (for those too young to remember, think Saturday Night Fever). KC and the Sunshine band much?

2 Likes

This one is dedicated to @daisymae …a new exercise routine for you perhaps!!! :sunglasses: Our Seder wasn’t as much fun as this one.

2 Likes

this is hysterical!!!

2 Likes

For those who don’t know, today is @daisymae’s birthday.

Happy B-day, DM!

Now quit goofing off and get back in the pool!

8 Likes

Happy birthday, @daisymae!!

2 Likes

thank you CD. i am pigging out all week, but the highlight is tonight: a giant slab of Key Lime PIE.
(after a Porterhourse steak, buttered-to-death home fries, creamed spinich…OMG)
:blush: :star_struck: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

i promise that i will be back in the pool on Monday afternoon and i will let everyone know how much food i consumed this week to fuel up for my swim. i will also report the incredible attempt at managing my BGs for all of the calories i have been ingesting :wink:

(tonight is gonna be a BIG one !!! )

signing off,
DM

PS: eric sent me a giant box of chocolates. mmmmmm. :sunny:

2 Likes

Happy birthday DM! Stay Kosher tonight.

1 Like

tonight i will be throwing caution to the wind. no BS D food, no Kosher food, nothing of any nutritional value (if i can help it ) :wink:

however, this Sunday (which is also Mothers’ Day) we will be eating an Early-Bird Special at a fancy Kosher joint in Queens. i already know the menu by heart, so i know the pig-out i will be enjoying.

2 Likes

NON-SWIMMING EXPERIMENT #1:

i havent swam since last week. despite being on my alternate basal rate (increased from my swimming basal profile) i am still going high; i have just done my second correction today and have done a TB of 105 % which may or may not be enough.

it is astounding me how much more insulin i need when i am not swimming. and, on the other hand, it astounds me how much less insulin i need when i am.

just keeping everyone informed. watch those BGs carefully guys. i know i will be.

DM

1 Like

That’s a pretty small amount of extra insulin. With your basal numbers, it’s only ~about 1/50th of a unit per hour more!

i thought that i would start with something conservative. i tend to go low around dinnertime so i didnt want to worry about crashing at the restaurant. i will most likely have to increase it once i get home. maybe 110% to 120% for my overnight.

i waited an hour and then bumped it up to 110% which helped. i will be bumping it up even more as i fear this evening’s pig-feast was more insulin demanding than originally suspected. i’ve been stacking insulin since the first hour of eating. i just kept eating more than expected. and then the key lime pie came and i wouldnt let anyone elses fork near it. i guarded it with my life. i ate the entire (enormous) slice (more like a slab) myself. OMG, was it to die for!!!

i am soooo full right now i can barely stand upright. it was well worth every mouthful; i keep feeding the carbs, but i think i will probably hit a BG of 400 tonight; i am already prepared with my alarm clock bedside with my reading glasses and my NovoLog and a syringe. careful and watchful eye with frequent testing.

(the irony is that DEXCOM called me today to let me know that i am covered 100% by Medicare for the G5 CGM; what timing :wink: )

today was one of the best birthdays ever. i cant wait till next year so i can do it all again :yum:

7 Likes

I don’t know what I did for this, but that’s frickin BRILLIANT.

I’m dying over here. :rofl::rofl:.

You write these songs for everyone, Eric?! :hugs:

4 Likes

I’d really like to see what else you’ve got. That’s skills. :grin:

You guys are great. :hugs:

3 Likes

Okay I don’t know what I’m doing in here, but you guys are hilarious…

2 Likes

For @Beacher

2 Likes