Winner Announced - The "Guess DM's A1C Contest!"

Hi everyone!

@daisymae told me she was getting her blood-work done today, and I asked her if she would mind having a contest. She thought it would be a fun idea, so I am presenting the contest here.

If you want to submit a guess, send me a PM with the subject line “DM’s A1C Contest”, and give me your guess.

I am doing it this way so that people don’t do that silly Price is Right guessing tactic, like if someone bids $4500, and then the next person says $4501
(and then someone always bids $1 and wins because they did not go over the price… :roll_eyes:

Anyway, only blind guesses submitted to me will be accepted. And I will keep track of them all and after a few days I will post the guesses and DM can tell us the winner.

Full disclosure, I already gave DM my guess. And her last A1C was 5.3.

Also, there will be only one winner (cuz I am not springing for a 100 gift cards!!), so if there is a tie, we will figure out some fairness with it.

Anyway, the winner will get an Amazon gift card. Have at it, and good luck!

6 Likes

this is all so exciting!! Am I allowed to place a bet myself (on myself)??? Hahahaha :rofl:

3 Likes

I already guessed it.

I also can guess people’s weight for amazon cards if anyone is interested

2 Likes

this is mighty generous of you! (but then again, you’re Eric, its just one more thing we can come to expect (and respect :heart:).

4 Likes

This is fun, AND honors our great poster. So many of us have learned from DM, Nickey, of course, Eric, and all who share on FUD. I’m afraid I’ve been lacking.

So I guess 4,8, same as mine!

4 Likes

I have to tell you, I have learned a lot from @daisymae. She is one of the most wonderful and beautiful people I have ever known.

But…the things I have gotten from her that are the most precious, are things that have nothing to do with diabetes, but rather things about life. She is one of my best friends and I am lucky to know her.

6 Likes

I agree!! She is a great individual. Thank you for posting this!!

4 Likes

DM, please text PM your guess to me before you get your results!!

I hope you will enter the contest, because I think it will make it extra fun if I can beat you!!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5.1 a1c

3 Likes

that’s not fair; that’s my guess!!! :laughing:

DM, herself.

2 Likes

Trying, are you just showing off now? :rofl: (of course, I totally believe that yours is what you say it is!!!)

3 Likes

Well, for me, I don’t think the a1c is accurate anyway! It is off by as much as .5 from my cgm data!

2 Likes

if I were to rely upon my fsl cgm for anything accurate, I’d be either 6 feet under or high above in the heavens. why I continue to use it is simply beyond me. I wonder what medications I am taking that would alter the readings…hummm. I don’t take Tylenol or Ibuprofen or too much Vitamin C…

1 Like

So it is time to announce the winner!!

First of all, thanks for all the guesses sent to me in PM. I will just list the people who are tied for the win. There were 4 correct guesses!!

And now for the results…

First of all, congrats to @daisymae, who had a 5.1 !!

She sent me the results:

Wow, way to go DM!
:star_struck:

Except, hold on…not so fast with the winning declaration, DM!

There were 4 people who guessed 5.1!

@Jim_YYC
@ClaudnDaye
@daisymae
@Eric

Okay, I know what you are thinking! But yes, I DID guess it correctly. I sent it to DM in text:

Okay, winning your own contest is kind of goofy! So I am going to remove myself from the list. But before I do that, let me just say, The Force is strong with me for my own BG stuff. But over the past several years, The Force has become strong with me for DM’s stuff too. :wink:
:yoda: image

Next, I think I should remove @daisymae, because after all, DM you already got your goody from me on Friday :yum:, and you have probably already eaten it all! So you don’t need anything else!

So that leaves @ClaudnDaye and @Jim_YYC as the two winners who correctly guessed 5.1!!

Congrats guys! I have an Amazon gift card. I can split it between you two or do a tie-breaker. What do you think?

1 Like

Jim can have it. Gratz on the amazing a1c!!!

3 Likes

@ClaudnDaye can have it (cuz I’m in Canada and Amazon here only accepts Amazon.ca cards).

Congratulations to @daisymae on a great A1C :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, Amazon does make it tough to go across the border.

But I can send you some toonie’s (Twonie’s? Twoonie’s?) in the mail.
:grinning:

Happy to drop something in the mail for you.

Actually, if I sent it to you, it would be for Liam to pick a goodie.

3 Likes

Yes that’s what i was going to say. More spoiling Liam. Lol

3 Likes

It is already on the way!
:grinning:

Congrats!

@Jim_YYC, happy to send something to you too if you want, just PM me your address.

2 Likes

@Eric, no need. I donate whatever you’d like to send to @ClaudnDaye’s Liam. After all it is Christmas and he deserves to be spoiled :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes