A1c Poll, how different from the standard population are we?

Well, we talk about A1c’s quite a bit, but I don’t think we have quantified it. I am assuming that we have much better A1c’s than the study populations we read so much about. Also, I don’t want people to have to throw the number out in public. So here is a poll to see where we are at. This should be interesting. Thanks for participating.

Note 1: Even though this message has a Type 1 flag, feel free to share if you are a type 2 while I try to figure out how to add a second category.

Note 2: This is a secret ballot. No one can see what each person’s results are.

• 5’s
  • 6’s
  • 7’s
  • 8’s
  • 9 or above

0 voters

2 Likes

Shoot. I voted but improperly technically. Is there a sub-5 option?

5 Likes

I will add it, didn’t think there were many 4’s.

1 Like

Well, I can’t add it now without restarting. If you are in the 4’s, please just vote for the 5’s choice.

1 Like

Is it the best, most recent, or most common result we get?

1 Like

Up to you. I just want to get a sense of how out of the norm we are. If I was picking I would say most recent.

1 Like

Yeah, I really wasn’t trying to be that annoying person (like the girl who lives to say, “well, darn, they don’t make that cute dress in a size 0!”) Just trying to be precise.

4 Likes

Wow, Size 0, Low A1c, cute daughter, are you on the market? :rofl:

2 Likes

I was born bigger than a size 0. Was merely citing one of those types that i wasn’t trying to be in raising the initial poll question.

2 Likes

My wife, (who is also bigger than a size 0) is currently sitting across the room giving me stink eye based on my last comment.

4 Likes

Sounds like you married well!

4 Likes

I did indeed! She has managed to put up with me for the last 25 years. :boom::boom::crown::boom::boom:

3 Likes

I said I was in the 6’s, although that’s a recent post-CGM, post-pump number. Over the past decade I’ve been in the 7’s and 8’s. (Please don’t banish me.) So I’ve maybe skewed the results. (Please don’t banish me for that, either.)

8 Likes

In this case, @Irish, for you it would be Triple 0 !!!

1 Like

:ban_hammer:

1 Like

Hard to believe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Beacher, not only won’t we ban you, but everyone is welcome regardless of A1c. I just suspect that we are skewed low, and want to find out. One of my son’s dia-friends is 11 and doesn’t want to lower it. Now we think that is crazy, but it what he has chosen.

For me, I would say the most likely one you would get at your next exam.

1 Like

Many years ago…

The bell rings, class is over, and everyone in the classroom is hurriedly packing their books and backpacks to go to the next period, trying to get out of there before the teacher remembers…

Irish, who is sitting in the front row, raises her hand and loudly asks, “Aren’t you going to collect the homework?”

6 Likes

I burst out laughing when I read this :slight_smile:

That said, @Irish is clearly the best and nicest of us all old FUDers – there is no doubt about it!

4 Likes