Who has a spare PDM?

So… I’m in Canada, and can’t afford the $6300 - does anyone have a spare PDM from the states to send me?

Hey, Julia, welcome to the forum!!!

Why don’t you spend a few months as a participating member and ask then? People here are very generous, but you do need to establish a bit of a track record first: we have had a couple of scammers in the past :frowning:

One problem you will have in Canada: when we investigated a relocation there, I called Dexc about moving there with our US Dexcom, and found out they would not accept to sell me sensors in Canada unless I bought the kit again from them there. So you may have the same problem: no way to buy sensors even with a PDM.

2 Likes

That is a very kind offer @kimZ. Thank you. If you have time, posting here will allow our community to learn a bit more about you.

We really like meeting new people.

2 Likes

I don’t know how old this thread is :slight_smile: If you need a Dash PDM, I have one - I sent me the Dash PDM but the Classic pods when I started… I started “doing the loop” with the “wrong” pods, and luckily my endo didn’t put up too much useless “Trial-Of-One-Is-NEVER-Appropriate” nonsense. So I have a Dash PDM I don’t need, and Insulet hasn’t asked for back and probably never will.

My email is jim.witte@gmail.com.

(Hogwash - there are no “unknown unknowns” with insulin-only looping - except for not paying close enough attention. Unless you become hypoglycemically unaware because it’s working too well - that’s why the Dexcom has LOUD alarms. (*)

(* Annoyance with Dex alarms) Why can’t you turn off the Low/Urgent Low alarm IF 1) you’ve already told the PDM “I feel a low event, 2) told it you’ve taken over 12-16 carbs 10-60 seconds (otherwise you’re too out of it because of the low to be trusted), and it’s less than 5 minutes later?” and 3) the “second low reading” occurs less than 10-15 minutes later? For that matter, after a low, it should start checking the BG every 20-30 seconds, not every 5 minutes like usually.

Jim

1 Like

Hi everyone. I know this is an old post but I’m wondering if anyone can help. I’m in hong kong and can’t travel and trying to get hold of a pdm which aren’t available here. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get one? I have friends that are able to send it over to me but I do not have a prescription in US or preferably Canada (uses same units as hk) to order one to them.

Were new to the world of type 1. My baby daughter was diagnosed at 23 months. She’s doing really well, but omnipod is definitely in our future.

Many thanks for any ideas shared.

1 Like

@May Sorry for the laughter, but if you’re in HK, then you’re probably close to where all this stuff is made/put together than any of the rest of us!! How ironic!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: