Who has a spare PDM?

Thanks, tried that, too, no difference.

I would like to see it. Can you post a pic?

Does the PDM beep when you plug it in?

The PDM should recognize the fact that it has been plugged in to a computer and give a message that it will not deliver insulin while plugged in. Does the PDM do that?

Clockwise from top left:
OpSite Flexifix tape and glucose tabs sitting on top of spare pods, and spare pods for the spare pods
Set of juice boxes
Set of Gu’s
Blue binder is my daily BG tracker and site rotation charts
Black binder in my monthly BG tracker and emergency back up plans
Plastic carrying case has three levels, filled with back up tester, back up PDM, back up Dexcom receiver and charger, back up Dexcom transmitters, syringes, glucagon, test strips, lancets, bandaids, neosporin, alcohol swabs, pen needles, Lantus pen
Spare Dexcom sensors
Center lunch bag is my pod change kit with Flonase, baggies for Flonase application, sharpie for marking old pod which I leave in place sometimes if after a meal bolus, alcohol wipes, hydrocortisone, make up sponges, and Unisolve

3 Likes

@CatLady

For the PDM, all windows OS’s are supported.
All mac OS’s are supported from 2012-present, but when using Mac it is only supported when using an external USB hub, not when using the USB hub directly on the MAC (so there is no back current).

If using Windows 10, update with this patch:
Windows 10 (1607) build 14393.82

Try that.

@eric - In Canada, when you pay your $6300 to Omnipod, you get a PDM and they will overnight you a second PDM for free with no-questions asked within the warranty period.

The second PDM would be to cover accidental loss, breakage, etc. So I am banking on the second free PDM as an insurance policy.

The reason they charge $6300 for a PDM? It is basically price matching what Medtronic is selling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But if the second one gets lost or is a non-warranty issue, do you have to pay another $6300?

Maybe at that point you would want to just pay the $199 and learn our mg/dL units? :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah - yes so if you need a third PDM it is $6300… so the smart shopper would ask for help from his southern friends :wink:

4 Likes

I see every possible contingency in your list except rapid insulin!
:grinning:

I am assuming you have some different sources there?

For trips over 3 days, I bring both a vial and a pen, as backup.

Anytime! $199 plus shipping and it’s all yours.

I did bring extra Humalog and Novolog buried in my purse so if the car happened to get warm while we stopped for lunch I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m still by-the-book as much as possible despite some awesome experiments on this forum. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you for the generous offer. But I don’t think I’d be sitting on the side of the road for long. If still under warranty (3.5 years left), Omnipod will courier me a new PDM. Given that we’re in the same area, and replacement pods arrive the next day by mail, I think it would be here pretty quickly. And if not, I have a month’s worth of Lantus pens and Humalog cartridges on hand.

When my warranty expires, my province’s very generous Assistive Devices Program will pay for a new PDM/pump (and continue to subsidize two out of every three months’ worth of pods/infusion sets). At which point I could keep my old PDM as a backup, assuming it still worked with whatever kind of pods were being used at that time.

1 Like

I don’t understand this. I always plug my PDM cable directly into a USB port on the back of my Mac.

I don’t doubt it works fine like that. But it is not “supported”.

But they just said that if there is a problem that you should try using an external USB hub to eliminate that as a potential problem.

They aren’t saying it will never work with the direct port, but just to remove that as a possibility when troubleshooting it.

I skipped over all the rebooting stuff!
:wink:

1 Like

Thanks! You answered my question … and glad to hear that I don’t come off as “smash now, ask questions later” type.

I’m calling Insulet now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No beeps, squeals, or squawks. Glooko says to call Insulet, so I will at some point…

Yeah. At some point when you call Insulet, they will either offer to replace your PDM or tell you to call Glooko. And then you can laugh about how predictable they are! :grinning:

1 Like

3 Likes

Ha, ha. I’m not as fast as you are but this ones for you Eric!!!

5 Likes

Ha!:laughing: