What did you eat today?

Great tip! Thanks, @CatLady.

1 Like

Coffee w half & half & Splenda

——

2 eggs

2 Baby Bell cheese, rotisserie chicken, raw veg w dip, 2 gummy vitamins (my “dessert”)

——

Cauliflower rice (seasoned blend) with nutritional yeast Yeshi dressing (sooooo good) dark chocolate and berries

Then did a 10K bike ride (worked out for me to take 1/2 my dinner time insulin pre-ride. #s were near perfect overnight!

2 Likes

Three things I love (I’m religiously anti-dressing; always on-the-side for me, but that doesn’t mean I believe others shouldn’t enjoy the practice).

2 Likes

Totally successful this evening. Rather than take one larger bolus before dinner, I have taken smaller doses

4 Likes

Made some lamb stew in the crockpot with organic celery and beef broth. Too much broth turned out okay, going to sip on some throughout tomorrow.

Turned out pretty tasty and was part of my 2MAD today:)

2 Likes

Vegan Cheese Jalapeno Poppers with soymilk
Spaghetti with a ton of sauce, garlic bread, piece of chocolate

2 Likes

Coffee, salami, cheese, steak and fat bombs made out of stevia, butter and coconut oil, handful of pecans and tons of water. I didn’t measure anything nor take a single bolus all day, and did a 1 hour workout. I went as high as 10 and had a low early morning.

Just want a break from all the rules and counting, so I just ate when hungry in a snacky type way and just made sure it was carbless. The high was after the steak, so I guess I need to figure out how to bolus for that.

3 Likes

10 doesn’t worry me; if it did I would have died by now of a heart attack. In fact 10 is my “time in range” upper limit and I’m just using the default! I expect 10 after a meal with any significant carbs - on your list the salami (which, in north America, tends to have a lot of carbs) would be suspect. (Pecans are more predictable - a fairly reliable amount of carbs.)

However I simply can’t do a day without a bolus; my basal isn’t that high. If I eat anything that includes carbs, protein or fat I will certainly go high (more than 10) without a bolus. When I go away from the counting/pre-bolusing I end up rage-bolusing to bring myself down; if I see 10 and going up I will wait, but if it doesn’t start flattening out by 11 I’m going to start bolusing. Of course I’m using a G6 so, if I remember to check :slight_smile: it’s easy.

2 Likes

Cauliflower, Broccoli, Parsley, Nutritional Yeast and Alternative Cheese Casserole
Grilled Shitake Mushrooms
Nut and Quinoa “Meatballs”
Bruschetta
Chocolate Chip Cookie

3 Likes

Yum that casserole sounds delish.

1 Like

Coffee with Splenda and heavy cream
2 pieces of Carbnaught bread with PB, cheese
Dark sea salt chocolate
Pork loin, celery, onions, carrots and beef broth (crock pot concoction)
Almonds and cheese

I happened to track everything that day just for the info: 46 carbs and 1288 calories

1 Like

@PP777
Have you ever tried HU Cocoa covered almonds? I see you like almonds and chocolate lol. It’s like a dusting of cocoa over almonds and they are only 1/2 carb each. Delicious!

1 Like

ooooh! I used to get these little 100 calorie packets of cocoa dusted almonds when I was allowed in the US (I’m in Canada and the border…literally yards away from me…has been closed). I forgot about that entirely! I’m going to look around home for something similar!

1 Like

Yeah, the only problem with those cocoa covered almonds is that I can eat 4 100 cal packs in a setting. Have to limit the supply in my house.

2 Likes

That’s so true lol @Chris !
I keep them in a small jar on my kitchen counter and grab about 4 at a time. But I do that a few times a day lol! My HDL level is wonderful!

1 Like

Today I had Starbucks Blonde Roast cold coffee with a few drops of stevia (wanted to go strait black, but just tastes so much better with the stevia). I have been sipping on beef bone broth, SF Gateorade and now having a Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale. So, sort of fasting, but haven’t kicked the fake sugars.

I’m at work for another couple hours, then I head home and have a ribeye steak waiting for me. I’m going to cook that with a bit of grass-fed butter and salt in the cast, then hit the gym to distract myself from eating.

BG’s have been sort of high stuck in the 11s, but I’m not correcting, as I have a feeling it’ll start trending down tonight and I don’t want any bolus’s on board.

1 Like

Low carb not carnivore. And I so enjoyed those berries and that asparagus…

6 Likes

@PP777 Not carnivore? Looks like a nice piece of steak at the back, though perhaps its some of that plant based stuff they make these days! Looks good, though! I’m personally a meatosaurus that likes to incorporate a good salad….with or without beef, chicken, pork, etc.!

3 Likes

Not strait carnivore is what I should have said. Ewww fake steak? Real deal for me thank you!

1 Like

I like your approach! living with diabetes doesn’t have to mean living without carbs (or food you enjoy)

4 Likes