What app do you use to track meals, insulin used, etc.?

As a recently diagnosed LADA, I started with a journal of BG, insulin dosages and noted changes from stress, illness, exercise and menstruation. I’ve recently gotten Dexcom G6, and I’ve started carb counting using Carb Manager app, and enter event on Dexcom receiver and phone app. It seems easier to just use phone and leave receiver as back up. Myfitnesspal app is another good one for tracking carbs and exercise.

4 Likes

Welcome @ValidLADA!

It sounds like you’re on a good path for solving some of the complexities that come with a LADA diagnosis. There’s a category here on female T1D and hormones that you might find helpful!

https://forum.fudiabetes.org/c/womens-health

1 Like

If you get tired of that one, My Macros+ works really well, and doesn’t mine as much data as some of the others. It also doesn’t market to you, or try to upsell you, which has made me stop using some of the others. I just want to yell as some of the apps: “No, I don’t want to share this info with my friends or you, and I don’t need to set custom goals, I just want to know how many calories I ate and what my macro’s are…”

4 Likes

I used it for a couple of days, thought it was good, but then I forgot or found myself in social situations where I didn’t want to.

Any suggestions? (can range from: ‘you only need to do this occasionally’ to ‘here’s what I do to make sure I track’).

Thanks!

1 Like

I am trying to lose weight, so I track everything most days just because if I don’t I invariably underestimate and over eat and gain weight. My son, uses it one day a week to ensure he is eating enough (He isn’t trying to lose weight) and has a decent macro nutrient mix. If you don’t want to track every day, and you aren’t trying to solve a diabetes issue, it probably isn’t necessary.

1 Like

I am trying to lose weight, and do find that the tracking is helpful. I just have to make myself a more habitual user of it.

I don’t unfortunately have any thoughts on how to make yourself more accountable, I have issues with that as well…

1 Like

:rofl::joy: I’m a compulsive note taker and now I need to write everything down due to being of a certain age. But I use Sugarmate for documenting everything. I like their charts and graphs and Watch display. I can email reports and download into Excel spreadsheet.

I recently took a pump break and needed to remember to take my Tresiba. Someone told me about an app for Med reminders and I really like it. It is called Round and is free. Very simple and only for meds.

2 Likes

I’ve actually started using a habit tracking app called The Fabulous, which, while it has a lot of foibles, has actually helped me develop habits that I’ve wanted to participate in forever (like flossing). I should also add that I’m almost 40, and not particularly app based in my lifestyle. I don’t know if this would actually help with weight loss, but it might help with motivation to do things on a regular basis?

2 Likes

Or Carb Manager

which free apps do u prefer?

1 Like