Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Maybe it was not enough insulin.
Check ketone after race. If there is not enough insulin, sports will race up the bg.

3 Likes

@Richard157, it is great to see you on this forum, so glad you joined! Welcome!

4 Likes

And don’t forget to add your years to the combined years and color your state on the map! Thrilled to see @Richard157 here the man is a legend

4 Likes

Welcome Richard157!

3 Likes

@Richard157, I am really happy to meet you on the forum. I read your book: It was the first diabetes book I read after I was diagnosed.

My dad and I have talked about you many times, and how much harder a time you had than us. It is great to be in the same forum!

7 Likes

Welcome @Richard157, a pleasure to have a living legend and true T1 ambassador on the site!

4 Likes

@Richard157 Welcome, and thank you so much for joining our forum!

As I’ve told you before, you have much wisdom to impart even to those of us who have been T1 for decades.

And you are a true inspiration to those who have been more recently diagnosed and are trying to find their way.

It’s an honor to have you join us!

4 Likes

Hi Kaelan, it is nice to meet you . I am just beginning to explore here. Thanks for your greeting.

3 Likes

Hi Kenrick, thanks for the welcome.

2 Likes

Hi Sam, thanks. I will try to find the place to add my years, and my state.

3 Likes

Welcome @Richard157 !!!

4 Likes

Hello docslotnick, I could not reply to your welcome message since I am limited to three replies there. I am trying to navigate Fudiabetes. I am slow at this. Thanks for the welcome.

4 Likes

You are already beyond that! You now have unlimited replies.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Years: Combined years?

State: The Unlimited Map

Hello mikep, thanks for the welcome.

Nice to have you, @Richard157. I enjoy reading your words of advise and wisdom. Welcome!

4 Likes

Thanks, ClaudinDaye, I am pleased to be here.

2 Likes

Thanks, Chris. Happy to be here.

2 Likes

I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. Not much was known about diabetes back then. There were no ‘types’ at that time. My doctor was not much help. He told my family that I should not have any sugar, but he said nothing about carbs. I did not know that carbs affected blood sugar until 1988. I ate many many carbs, but avoided sugar for so many years.
I used animal insulin in a glass syringe for about 50 years, and started synthetic insulin in the mid 1990’s. For some reason I will never understand, I did not have any diabetes related complications during that time. Even now, after 72 years of type 1, I do not have any serious complications I have some neuropathy in my feet and legs, but my heart, eyes and kidneys are in good shape. My guess is that I must have very good genes??
I am using a pump and a CGM, and I like that combo very much.
I feel very lucky to have good diabetes health after living with T1D for so long. I have participated in the Joslin Medalist 50 year Study in Boston. They are trying to find the factor(s) that have enabled so many type 1 people in the US to live for 50+ years with no serious complications.

17 Likes