Unlimited photos

Here’s a photo of the eclipse posted to the NASA app:

‘Eclipse in Seven’ From the #NASA_App :

6 Likes

@Eric these photos are incredible – thank you for sharing! What a great plan and experience for you and your son. I had such FOMO on missing this, but took one for the team and joined my husband in France for the Paris marathon (poor me). @Liam-M welcome! We are so happy you are here! -JessicaD

6 Likes

Hey @JessicaD, congrats to Mark! That’s really great!

How was it?!?

And no, going to Paris does not count as “missing out”. :joy:

4 Likes

@Eric haha, no we definitely made out like bandits on this trip! Mark had a great run and paced himself so that he could actually look up and see the sites around Paris while also qualifying to keep you company in Boston next year…! Allez!

6 Likes

:partying_face:

Woo-hoo!

3 Likes

Ski season is over (never really arrived tbh), so we’re on to the next: hiking and backpacking season! I’m starting with some 3-6 mile day hikes to master my insulin management on the trail, then later this month my neighbor L and I are taking our first overnight of the year (and my first since diagnosis*)!

If there would be common interest I can run a thread with details like my meal planning/recipes, equipment choices and so on for multiday backcountry trips.

Tis the season - happy tails and happy trails y’all!
IMG_6459
Facetune_13-04-2024-09-52-46

*about a week and a half prior to my ER diagnosis, I had bludgeoned my way through this very same route/trip that’s coming up. I struggled hard obviously (had no idea how sick I was or how dangerous this was!!!), and turns out I was probably BG 300+, likely over 500 at times, the entire trip. Good thing there were plenty of bushes cause the polyuria was real… hoping this round goes better: L and I are purposely going back for my sake so I can enjoy it!

11 Likes

What a great plan! Your pictures and amazing!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard, young man.

I hope you’ll find as much support, reassurance, kinship, whatever you need… in FUD as I have over the years. Happy to see you here.

6 Likes

Great unlimited photos of M and you, Panda!
Love Mara’s Bark Ranger bandanna, too!

I love hiking but I’m not near any trails! Enjoy the hiking season!!

6 Likes

Facetune_14-05-2024-18-12-09

Tis the season!

10 Likes

Great photo of you two under the water fall!! It looks like summer has arrived there!!

4 Likes

Me trying to work with the crew.

6 Likes

This is all we do in summer :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2: we’re way more online in shoulder season (normally summer and winter are spent off the internet in the dirt or snow respectively, this winter sucked though).

Facetune_30-05-2024-10-36-25

9 Likes

Wow, spectacular!!! I love Mara’s Top Dog bandana!! Is that still snow on the mountains in the background!!?? What a luck girl and doggie to live in such a beautiful place and enjoy the outdoors!!! :dog: :two_hearts: :sunrise_over_mountains:

7 Likes

@Liam-M had his awards ceremony for 4th grade yesterday and walked away with two perfect 600 SOL awards (one other kid got 2 also but in Virginia history and Reading.). Liam received them in both Math and Virginia History. He missed a perfect 600 in Reading by 2 questions (received a 581/600 in Reading.). And of course, A honor roll.

Proud of how hard he works. Intelligence alone isn’t enough in this world…You also can’t be afraid of hard work. He has his mama’s intelligence and my work ethic.

Proud papa!

19 Likes

Wow, great job @Liam-M !! Congratulations!!

3 Likes

200w

2 Likes

Kudus to Liam, when it came to intelligence I inherited that from both parents, however my academic work ethic was lacking. I skated through 15 years without ever really studying or knowing how. That came to a screeching halt junior year engineering - scholastic suspension, 1A draft status. Joined the Air Force and learned how to study.

Anyway good on Liam​:clap::clap::+1::star_struck::clap:

7 Likes

Very cool!!

2 Likes

Love your dog!!

We affectionately call this “A man and his dog”…lol

If you want some entertainment, look up “Corgi races” on youtube.

10 Likes