Unlimited photos

Thank you! Just gorgeous!

1 Like

10 Likes

That’s really cool @mremmers! Where was that?

2 Likes

That was in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 7 years ago. I was 66 years old on the ground but 14 in the air. Great vacation!

14 Likes

3/24/2024, at the finish line of our first (Mara’s first ever, and my first with diabetes) 10K exactly one day shy of six months post-diagnosis. You can see my CGM and my running glucometer (thanks @eric!) in some of these.

17 Likes

21 Likes

Were you in the “path of totality”?

here in Boston we were at 94% and it was quite impressive – like a giant dimmer switch turned down.

Beautiful photos @Eric

6 Likes

We flew to a place that was in the path of totality. No rental car and no hotel, I had a very simple plan.

We flew in, got the telescope from checked baggage, walked out near the airport parking lot to setup, and hung out for a few hours.

After it was over, we packed up, checked baggage, went through security, and flew home!

We never left the airport grounds!

I had printouts of our boarding passes in case airport security hassled us. (You never know, sitting at an airport with tripods, telescopes, and cameras!)
“No sir, we are allowed to be here. We are flying out in a few hours. Here are our boarding passes…”

But as it turned out, they were very friendly. They drove past us but did not even pay attention!

Thanks!

My son has a very good camera and a very good telephoto lens. I have a solar lens for the telescope, but he “reappropriated” it while we were sitting there waiting for totality. :joy:

At that point, I just let him completely take over the pictures and I simply watched it all.

11 Likes

That is awesome, @Eric ! We took our kids out of school early because we were supposed to get 80/85% coverage and i wanted to create a family memory revolving around the black out, but it was raining and complete cloud cover. :frowning: i still managed to get some good video footage of the family either way.

5 Likes

I just got into FUD and I’m disappointed the weather was so cloudy at our place! All we saw were clouds getting a little bit darker than getting bright again. It’s a shame the next total one is in twenty years! :sunny: :last_quarter_moon:

19 Likes

Everyone, this is my son, Liam. :slight_smile: His very first post!

14 Likes

extraordinary-19-15233

4 Likes

We had 97% coverage. Wife got good pic with iphone and Solar Snap app.

8 Likes

Very cool!!!

4 Likes

Was that Love Field? I’m glad it worked so well. Down here it was overcast but got really dark at peak.

2 Likes

No. That was the original plan, but we changed our flight on Friday because of the weather forecast!

We went to Evansville, Indiana instead.

4 Likes

Glad you adapted,:grinning:

2 Likes

@Liam-M I am so glad to see you on the forum! Thanks to your Dad we have known you since you were very young, it is great to see you post!

My son Kaelan was just a little older than you are now when he was diagnosed. He knows of you too and has for many, many years: I will tell him that you posted, he will be thrilled!

11 Likes

Hi @Liam-M awesome to see you post! There is an eclipse on March 30 2033 in Alaska if you are interested.

This is a great website for eclipse hunting for when you get the itch to travel and chase eclipses. Then you become a certified Umbraphile

National Eclipse Maps

7 Likes

My brother and his family live in the totality path in western NY but it was overcast so they drove 200 miles to find clear viewing! :blue_car: :waxing_crescent_moon:

7 Likes