Unlimited photos

The pollinators must be in heaven! :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

6 Likes

out on our morning run!
Facetune_18-03-2024-09-43-09
Facetune_18-03-2024-09-41-16

12 Likes

Well, Panda, it’s a tossup as to who has the sweetest face. You two belong to each other. :heart:

7 Likes

aww shucks thanks :sweat_smile: sitting next to that dog makes anyone look good! and the scenery doesn’t suck either :grin: here’s a video of our session today if anyone wants to “run along” with us virtually!

8 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

That’s one happy dog, running zigzags, but not from a low, just to get more miles. Nice shoes.

7 Likes

she is never tired, and she is always happy to be there :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2: you can actually see her dropping in at my heel there for periodic sniff checks on my sugar. as herding dogs, mals tend to move in large loops rather than a linear pattern - we used that tendency to develop a habit of circling back to my heel to check in on me regularly, even off leash. on leash, she stays on my heel full time. :heart:

8 Likes

Wow!! Mara is definitely one lucky pup to be able to run free, and of course, you, too, having Mara right there with you in gorgeous terrain and well maintained paths!!! She’s amazing staying right with you, zigzaging, but always running back to you!! I’m glad to see it looks like you are running well, too! I hope your knee is back to feeling better!

6 Likes

it may be more than 150 miles each way to the nearest real endocrinology department, but the trails are right out the front door :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2: anyone who is ever out in our neck of the (literal) woods - that is, eastern washington state - should for sure drop us a line! :heart:

5 Likes

Ever see any bigfoots? Your neck of the woods is a good spot I hear! :smiley:

4 Likes

i dunno about bigfoot but i find sasquatch in my bathroom mirror every morning :wink::wink::rofl::scream::footprints:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Imagine that. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@CarlosLuis Your comment made me think of a story my brother Cliff told: He was an Army chaplain and liked to go on morning runs with the troops. The battalion/division commander called him and told Cliff he was going to have to restrict him from running with the troops. Devastated, Cliff asked why and said he went out with the troops to motivate them, running up and down the lines providing encouragement, exhorting the stragglers, etc. The commander said, “That’s just it, Chaplain, your demoralizing the men! They can’t keep up with the task of just completing the run, meanwhile you’re running back and forth and around! I admire the ability, but the impact on the troops is negative!” Mara’s running around is the same thing, encouraging and potentially demoralizing at the same time…depends on your focus! Of course, Mara’s got four legs compared to @panda’s two and it’s not a race to begin with…it’s a health thing! Keep it up @panda and Mara!

11 Likes

@TomH i always do tell her she’s got four points of contact to my two so she’s got double the engine power! no fair!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that story describes so perfectly what it’s like running with her: she’s a joy! really truly inspires me to be better. but sometimes you’re back there just having a rough one, huffing and puffing and slugging it out, and she’s dancing literal circles around you with that idiot grin on her face and you sorta wanna smack her (not really but you know what i mean!) :rofl::rofl: thank you for sharing! your brother sounds awesome!

4 Likes

@TomH I hate to go off on a tangent, but your brother’s story reminded me of one told by a friend, an Army vet. The CO was a short little man who keep a horse stabled at the post.

The clerk posted a notice about a 20 mile double time march in full gear.

Some smart aleck scrawled, “And a little child will lead them.”

The CO saw it and added, “On his horse.”

8 Likes

@mstan I took this close up yesterday for you.

And here’s some paintbrush hobnobbing with bluebonnets.
IMG_1882

8 Likes

@CarlosLuis,
I think this picture belongs here too. It is the definition of “Unlimited”!

Can you post it in this thread also?

1 Like

Here’s my friend a girl with grit doing hill repeats on her loaded touring bike, training for a long self supporting multi day, many miles tour.

She is going to do her 20th MS150 soon.

@Eric how does one post videos

8 Likes

@CarlosLuis i have been uploading the video to a free youtube account and sharing that youtube link when i want to post a video here. i don’t think regular posts here can support video clips on their own?

4 Likes

As far as I know, we can’t upload videos because they are too big. So as @panda mentioned above :arrow_up:, doing a YouTube link is probably the best way.

3 Likes